about 1 month ago
Regional Head of Project Management- Construction and M&E
Corporate services, infrastructure and facilities
Job Reference #
The purpose of the role is to manage a large portfolio of construction and M&E engineering projects. Projects are within the UK and wider EMEA property portfolio, comprising IT technical space, trading and support offices. The projects are of a diverse nature, reflecting the bank’s needs derived from workspace requirements, M&E infrastructure upgrades/life cycle replacement, and the provision of IT technical space, data halls, computer rooms - the approximate annual spend on these projects can be up to £20 – 40 million.
The Regional Head of Project Management will ensure that projects are carried out and delivered in line with agreed specifications, programmes, quality, costs, compliance issues, and terms of reference.
Reporting to the Regional Head of GCS Property Management, the Regional Head of Project Management will work in a challenging, demanding and continually changing environment. The individual will need to demonstrate a proven track record of planning and execution of design and construction programmes/projects. The individual must possess recognised qualifications and should demonstrate the ability to manage and lead a team and liaise closely with other divisions of UBS as required.
This is a great opportunity to work for a progressive and diverse organisation with full autonomy to make a positive difference.
You will be instrumental in driving the strategy to deliver effective construction programmes throughout your regional remit, whilst ensuring a keen focus on continuity management and operational resilience. (UBS Three Keys to success "Pillar" – Risk Management, "Principles" – Continuous Improvement and Sustainable Performance).
As a regional lead, you must ensure that a practical and pragmatic approach to advice and guidance be issued across all areas under your control and responsibility, whilst ensuring consideration to regional and cultural variation.
The individual will be required to:
• Develop, maintain and implement common project management processes and devise methods to optimise the efficiency of projects, to reduce costs and enhance efficiencies.
• Guide the planning and development of future client and infrastructure projects.
• Guide the selection and appointment of framework contractors, key service providers and the induction of suitable project managers.
• Assign, authorised projects and direct the Project Management team.
• Monitor the workload and performance of project managers and contractors.
• Reschedule projects and update objectives as and when required.
• Manage and report on the status of all projects.
• Manage and develop a positive approach and attitude to CDM regulations and health and safety within the Project Team.
• Assist in the development of the individual team members’ skills and training as necessary.
• Manage relationships with key sponsors within UBS.
• Liaise closely with Maintenance, Operations and Technical Management to ascertain project requirements, ensure end to end delivery and operational handover.
• Liaise closely with the GCS Cost Management team to achieve the end goal of delivering projects within budget.
• Recognise and escalate as necessary any potential operational risk that may affect UBS business. Manage business and operational risks during the life of the projects.
• Document and close out project issues and ensure documented handover.
• Stake holder engagement through excellent client liaison & communication.
• Maintain a master tracking schedule of all projects within the capital plan and report monthly.
• Undertake regular audit to demonstrate compliance with statutory legislation, guidance, working practise and defined minimum requirements.
• Proactive identification of risks associated with assets, people and process.
UBS Group Corporate Services (GCS) purpose is to provide a business-enabling and efficient working environment for the offices, covering Wealth Management, Investment Banking and Asset Management.
Our UK property portfolio consists of mission critical datacentres, corporate client facing buildings, support offices within central London and small regional offices. GCS also offers oversight and support to EMEA region.
GCS takes an active role in supporting and driving UBS’s corporate responsibility agenda, in terms of ecology, diversity, talent attraction and retention with a progressive agenda for smart data driven FM and workplace experience.
GCS main functional streams are Real Estate, Building Management, Design & Construction, Facilities Management, Travel Management, Cost Management supported by Business Management.
To successfully undertake the role, you shall require, but not limited to, the following skill set:
- Operational service management: objective setting, performance management / measurement.
- Vendor management: specialist service knowledge and awareness.
- Performance management: through service level agreements, key performance indicators and monitoring.
- People management: experience of being a leader, providing opportunities for your team to develop skillsets and achievements by assigning them roles which fit their capacity, interest and potential.
- Risk and continuity management: persuasive with strong influencing skills with senior management, coupled with the confidence to effectively manage upward across a breadth of disciplines.
- Relationship management: creating strong relationships with internal and external clients, presentation skills and strong document skills.
- Cultural appreciation: understanding of variation by nation both in terms of legislative nuance, but also approach.
Product & Process Knowledge
Having detailed knowledge of core products and/or processes
• MS Office (Including MS Project)
• Strong Management Presentation Skills
• Risk Management
• Project / Change Management Skills
Business & technical expertise
Having other specialised knowledge and applied skills with a clear vision of excellence within the framework of a quality management system.
Other personal qualities are:
• An energetic and motivated professional with natural drive and innovative flair.
• A tenacious individual, who asks questions, listens to answers.
• Defines problems and implements change.
• Commercially aware and financially astute individual who can identify the key issues and set suitable benchmarks.
• A clear thinking person demonstrating attention to detail who is well organised and can operate independently under a broad direction.
• A team builder who can develop and maintain good relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals both within the Bank and outside.
• An inherent ability to “get the job done”.
• Resilient in complex challenging situations.
• Positively disruptive to achieve continuous improvement.
• Impactful – assertive, vocal and driven to have positive change.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Regional Head of Project Management- Construction and M&E | UBS - Experienced professionals - job boards