about 1 year ago
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a commercially orientated Principal Engineering Geologist/ Geotechnical Engineer to join Quantum Geotechnical Limited (a Dawnus Group Company) at their Coleshill office in Birmingham, and lead the Company’s expanding portfolio in the region.
* Experience in establishing, leading and growing an office or regional hub with a team of engineers
* Ability to market and connect with a broad range of clients with a strong commercial awareness to establish, grow and develop the business
* Preferably chartered, with minimum 10 years’ experience within the geotechnical consultancy/ contracting industry
* Technical knowledge in both geotechnics and contaminated land
Key Technical Attributes
The successful candidate would be expected to have the following abilities and performance expectations:
* Strong commercial experience in developing and promoting a geotechnically based business and building a much expanded client base.
* Experience in client facing roles, developing good working relationships with other professionals within wider project teams and an enthusiasm towards business development and marketing.
* Experience in undertaking, scoping and reviewing Preliminary Risk Assessments and Intrusive Ground investigations including understanding of currently available ground investigation, sampling and laboratory analysis techniques.
* An understanding of contaminated land legislation and planning regime to provide allow consideration of geo-environmental ground investigation scoping and generic risk assessment within wider combined site assessments, with the support of geo-environmental specialist staff.
* Interpretative report writing and reviewing including a comprehensive understanding of ground models, geotechnical engineering properties and soil behaviours.
* A thorough understanding in the assessment of:
1. Slope Stability
4. Soil and Rock Engineering
5. Geotechnical processes
* Ability to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary company, with awareness of structural, civil and transport capabilities in the wider group.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration and other benefits including a market leading company pension package, vehicle allowance, private healthcare, and will join an enthusiastic and forward-thinking team across Quantum’s regions. Salary will be dependent upon experience.
As a Principal Engineer you will preferably have an MSc in Engineering Geology, or similar, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in both contracting and consultancy and both geotechnics and contaminated land, be chartered or actively seeking chartership.
This role is directed towards an individual with an ability, keenness and desire to expand Quantum’s Midlands office including the establishment of a new team geared towards the ground investigation, geotechnical consultancy and geo-contracting sector. The individual must be highly self-motivated and be able to develop the business through the support and interaction with Quantum’s other regional offices.
Dawnus is an Equal Opportunities Employer