5 months ago
Job ID : 99010BR
Location : United Kingdom - Basingstoke
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Business Job Title: Refrigeration/HVAC Technician (full-time / regular role)
Direct Report To: Utilities Manager
Group/ Division: Specialty Diagnostics Group / Microbiology Division
Working within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group, within the Microbiology Division (MBD), our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination.
Refrigeration/HVAC Technician (full-time / regular role)
reports directly to the Utilities Manager and provides direct support to facilities / utilities / production maintenance across the site. A successful candidate must have a flexible approach to maintain internal customer satisfaction, experience working in an industrial production environment and willing to work independently and assist with all engineering works across multiple skill sets (electrical / mechanical).
* Take a technical lead in the sites Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), for the site including production, Lab and office areas.
* Support the required maintenance, projects and documentation to meet regulatory compliance for HVAC, LEV (Local Exhaust Ventilation), and Refrigerant system on the Basingstoke site
* To take the engineering lead in lab equipment maintenance including Clean Room labs levels 2 and 3.
* Carry out and/or supervise planned maintenance on utilities and production equipment
* Carry out and/or supervise corrective works on all equipment and site facilities
* Respond to breakdowns and diagnose common faults, complete corrective works and/or manage external vendors to complete required work
* Carry out root cause analysis and implement counter measures
* Be responsible and take ownership of key utility plant to ensure equipment functions within normal working parameters
* Identify any improvements that can be made to ensure the efficiency and safe operation
* Control and prioritize work load
* Adhere to all department and company procedures
* Select materials appropriate to the location environment of the work in accordance with UK regulations and legislation.
* Proactively reduce site running costs by identifying improvements and efficiency measures
* Coordinate parts sourcing ordering and control costs on work load
* Assist in commissioning of new equipment
* Report all incidents and hazards. Conform to and maintain area safety standards for safe working practices and good house keeping
* Actively promote health and safety awareness
* Coordinate work load using the company computerized maintenance management system
* Ensure clear and accurate inform is frequently updated in accordance with a quality control requirements
* Communicate and liaise with other departments to allow completion against set timescales
* Support company goals by involvement in area involvement teams
* Assist all contractors as required. Where appropriate supervise and control contract staff
* Actively communication through multiple methods
* Report out daily issues in through the tiered meetings
* Clearly communicate any works that need to be progressed between shifts
* Utilize other means of communication when direct reporting is unavailable
* City and Guild Level 3 Refrigeration and air conditioning 6187
* City and Guild Level 3 NVQ electrotechnical systems
* City and Guild Level 3 requirements of installations BS7671: 2018
* AM2 Certificate of electrotechnical occupational competence
* Electrical and Electronic Engineering Higher National Certificate
* Maintenance of containment laboratories level 3 – Air handling controls and system
* IPAF 3a 3b
* First aid at work
* Have an understanding in PLC controls
* Knowledge in refrigeration and air conditioning (HVAC, LEV).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.