5 months ago
Receptionist/Business Support Specialist
WYG are recruiting for an enthusiastic experienced Receptionist in their prestigious offices in Leeds City centre to manage our reception area and provide administrative support to our Leeds office team.
You will be the first point of contact and responsible for warmly welcoming our clients and visitors and greeting our internal and external people. You will coordinate front desk activities, including distributing correspondence, redirecting phone calls, booking and looking after meeting rooms and booking travel as well as carrying out general office administration activities.
Front of house is often very busy and you should be able to juggle priorities and act quickly whilst remaining calm under pressure.
You will co-ordinate activities for other business support assistants.
To deliver an efficient, effective, adaptable and flexible support service by working as part of the Business Support Team. You will be providing a customer focussed service as the first point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders. You are required to provide business support services of a standard that demonstrates attention to detail, good judgement, effective organisational skills and excellent team working – locally, regionally and nationally.
No two days will be the same but your attention to detail and proactive approach to managing workloads and rapidly changing deadlines is a must.
As you will be supporting colleagues in the smooth running of the office, the range of daily tasks will be varied so the ability to think on your feet and undertake and complete work accurately and in a timely fashion is essential.
* Accurate, timely and cost-effective booking travel and accommodation
* Efficient archiving, filing, scanning, copying and binding of documents
* Dealing with incoming and outgoing post in a timely manner
* Reception cover and hospitality when required
* Accurate formatting of documents and reports, typing, recording and monitoring of annual leave requests, co-ordination of sickness absence reporting including the issue of documents as appropriate
* Supporting and assisting with facilities management
* Management of meeting rooms to ensure professional and efficient usage
* Accurate, cost effective and timely ordering office supplies
* Training and mentoring of new staff where appropriate
* Checking and completion of finance admin (e.g. magazine subscriptions, cheque requests, expense processing and petty cash)
* Proactive and supportive approach to the completion of Project finance admin (e.g. completion of PIN forms, preparation of draft invoices, TPO invoices and CQA timesheets)
* Champion and organize local office events (e.g. BOOST events and Christmas party)
* Minute taking, audio typing, secretarial support
* Appraise and report opportunities for efficiencies/improvements
* Research, provide and build data reports as required
* Co-ordination and organisation of client events
* Challenging and developing of local office efficiency function/process solutions
* Evaluation and reporting of risk
* Assess and suggest local cost spending efficiencies
* Pre-emptive, planned, logical approach to local office management requirements
* Proactive assistance of H&S functionality to include but not to limited to BCP, Fire, First Aid and Security
* Management and co-ordination of tasks relating to security clearance of colleagues
* Facilitation of Group initiatives such as Info Sec, Health & Wellbeing campaigns
* To encompass a role of both exemplar practice and an ambassador for and actively promote GDPR compliance
* Facilitate and support implementation of ERP
* Accommodation of additional time to be worked to ensure completion of tasks
* Expediate the local office IT support (ie desktop set ups, meeting rooms, receipt and return of equipment, software launch training)
* Initiation and implementation of starter and leaver processes to ensure all aspects are completed in a timely fashion
* Providing out of hour’s support when required
* Providing support in other offices, to include travelling to and from other offices when required
* Undertaking other duties not specifically stated above, which from time to time are necessary for effective performance of the team and the business
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
* Highly articulate with excellent interpersonal skills
* Friendly and approachable with excellent customer service
* Enjoy working in a busy professional environment
* Able to multi-task, organise and prioritise workloads whilst remaining calm under pressure
* Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions to suit our business and clients’ needs
* Willing to learn and utilise your skills to provide a high level of service
* Attention to detail
* Able to work well as a team and on your own
* Willingness to be flexible and adaptable
* Able to adapt style appropriately, developing good working relationships with the wider team and taking into consideration individual working preferences and approach
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook, 365 and Powerpoint
* Ability to adapt to new ways of working, including the introduction of new technologies
* Switchboard and hospitality experience
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.