27 days ago
Receptionist – North West London, London, London
* Full-time, permanent employment, 37.5 Hour Week
* 27 days holiday + bank holidays
* 5-minute walk from Gospel Oak and North West London, London Train Stations
* The position is high profile, based in our modern Head Office, the receptionist will provide a front-of-house experience to clients, visitors and staff.
The Headquarters of Murphy have 2 reception desks operated by 3 reception staff on a rotating basis. Reception is manned at all times between 8:30am and 6pm. Shifts are rotated across the team so a degree of flexibility in your working pattern is required.
Murphy is a family run organisation and thus offers a more relaxed and friendly atmosphere for colleagues whilst maintaining professionalism.
* Ideally the successful candidate will have previous experience working in a reception area.
* A background in customer service.
* IT Skills, Outlook, Excel, Word.
* Administrative skills, typing, document management.
* Excellent phone manner and presentation skills.
* Running of the reception desk and area, maintaining security and reporting suspicious activity.
* Maintain the reception area to ensure a professional environment.
* Receive external visitors and contact host.
* Ensure meetings rooms and guest areas are clean, tidy and ready for use liaising with the facilities assistants when appropriate.
* Act as point of contact for local information.
* Liaising with Facilities Supervisor on external meeting catering requirements.
* Updating and logging “Facilities Help” job sheets.
* Handling external and internal calls in a professional manner. Ensuring accurate, timely messages are forwarded to staff via e-mail.
* Monitoring access to Head Office, ensuring visitors sign in and out (working closely with Security).
* Processing staff ID cards (working closely with IT Security and FM).
* Receiving, sorting and distributing incoming, outgoing post.
* Receiving and logging all deliveries.
* Info murphy e-mail inbox.
* Booking of meeting rooms accurately and ensuring that all AV, room lay out, food and beverage requirements are noted.
* Booking all couriers.
* Arranging all corporate travel, accommodation, taxis, car rental, parking and flights.
* Ensure company contact list is up-to-date.
Skills and Personal Attributes
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Professional, friendly and welcoming attitude
* Good attention to detail
* Pro-active and hands on
* Ability to show initiative
* Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a busy workload
* World class infrastructure specialists operating in the UK, Ireland and Canada.
* Specialists in Rail, Power, Water, Utilities, Construction and Property.
* We employ over 3,500 people across our business functions.
* Our Values: Never Harm, Always Deliver, Integrity & Respect, Continually Improve, ONE Murphy.
* Turn over c. £800 million per annum.
* Murphy offers individual learning and development plans with structured degree programmes and further qualifications.
If you are interested in the position of Document Controller at Murphy please apply today.