28 days ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
* To manage and deliver the operational aspects of allocated Package Works for W&B Transformation and any other works allocated in and effective manner, conforming to contract specification and delivery to approved programme and targets costs.
* To take the lead in establishing safe working practices relating to operational and occupational safety
* To provide leadership and direction to the allocated team so as to achieve delivery of the contracted works.
* To support the commercial team to ensure timely reporting and proper management of financial affairs.
* Develop and maintain positive working relationship with the Project Team, Client and stakeholders through collaborative working.
What will this role involve?
* Support the Package Manager ensuring the duties of the NEC Project Manager are fulfilled in a timely manner.
* Co-ordination of all works package activities & disciplines to ensure a cohesive plan.
* Manage the delivery of the works package as agreed by the package Manager, ensuring that the work is carried out in a safe and effective manner to cost, to specification and to plan.
* Interface with IDP ensuring materials process to ensure timely delivery of materials.
* Ensure health and safety matters are properly controlled to the relevant standards and that policy is clearly communicated and implemented.
* Ensuring that all relevant and applicable company procedures are strictly adhered to.
* To promote, through pro active leadership, improvements in Safety, Health and Environmental management in line with the objectives set by the business.
* Ensure that systems are in place to ensure all work activities obtain the necessary approvals and that all contract, technical and administrative instructions are implemented prior to commencement of the works.
* Input to and monitor the Contract Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including financial, commercial, safety and personnel related issues, as agreed with the Account Director.
* Ensure all operations staff fulfils their potential through performance review with recommendations for developmental training.
* Proactively seek improvements in efficiency of operation to support the Network Rail targets through continuous business improvement.
* Display and develop in others a collaborative behaviour and culture.
* Report the progress and performance against the contract, in collaboration with the Account Director at weekly and monthly business reviews.
* Ensure that the operations organisation is properly resourced with competent people in order to deliver these key accountabilities.
What are we looking for?
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Proven track record in Signalling and is likely to have in excess of five years experience at a management level.
* Good understanding of the construction / railway industry.
* Understanding of Railway Planning systems
* Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act and CDM Regulations
* Knowledge of accident investigation techniques
* Highly effective motivator with strong written and spoken communication skills and capable of interfacing at all levels in the organisation.
* Exhibit behaviours that will support and develop collaborative working.
* Good management skills
* Understanding commercial processes and requirements.
* It should be noted that this post will entail an amount of out of hours and weekend working
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Health & Safety Training (IOSH)
* Awareness of industry issues.
* Experience of managing and developing staff.
* Computer literate.
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for planning, executing and finalising projects according to agreed deadlines and within budget.