8 months ago
Rail Engineering Director
Locations: Leeds, Stockport, London OR East Grinstead
Vacancy Description: An excellent opportunity for an experienced rail engineering leader to join our established and growing Rail Division. As a senior leader in Capita’s Rail Division this person will have responsibility for leading the growth and profitable performance of the Rail Engineering profit centre.
The Role: Within the overall Rail Sector, there are two profit centres, Rail Engineering and Project and Cost Management. The postholder will help develop the strategy for their part of the Rail Sector, driving work winning and the profitable delivery of their projects. They will be fully accountable for the profit and loss (P&L) and oversee approximately 70 staff across 5 geographic locations in winning and delivering projects. The postholder will be a member of the Rail Sector senior leadership team and sit alongside the Project and Cost Management, Sales and Operations directors. Currently their direct reports consist of 2 project portfolio leads, 5 resource leads and 3 technical leads.
The key responsibilities of the postholder will be to:
- Lead a safety culture that sees all our staff return home well and unharmed.
- Develop and deliver a growth strategy for the Rail Engineering business.
- Play an active role in identifying and securing new work, working closely with the Sales Director and operational account leads. This will include ensuring pipeline data is accurate at all times.
- Oversee the development of resources within they business, ensuring appropriate skills and training, with a focus on developing cross office working practices to improve project delivery.
- Work collaboratively with other Sectors in Capita Infrastructure to growth our market share and delight our clients.
- Deliver measurable Performance Improvement in respect of Customer Satisfaction, Technical Delivery and Project Profitability.
- Play an active role on the Rail Leadership Team, contributing to the overall success of the wider business.
The postholder will also:
- Lead on significant projects / frameworks in a Project Director / Framework Director capacity.
- Lead key bids and client accounts where these are of strategic importance.
- Represent the sector on industry working groups and forums.
- Undertake reviews/be the internal owner of key bids and projects in line with company governance.
- Significant experience in the rail sector, ideally including experience in leading within a consultancy environment.
- Significant project delivery experience across a varied portfolio of projects.
- Proven track record in identifying, pursuing and securing new work.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to drive behavioural change through engagement and persuasion.
- Proven track record of delivering business and performance improvement activities.
- Should ideally be degree qualified and a chartered member of an appropriate professional body.
CAPITA Infrastructure Projects (Rail)
Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure is one of the UK’s largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale. We have over 4,000 employees at 50 offices in the UK and internationally, offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or programme, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed.
- Salary £(negatable depending upon experience).
- Contractual working hours 37.5 per week with flexible working arrangements.
- Annual leave - 25 days (plus statutory).
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Voluntary Benefit Options, including; share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more.
- Professional subscriptions paid.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita through the Capita Career Progression Scheme structured approach, including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications. At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as a generous basic salary we also give you a company pension scheme and benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, and various private insurance schemes. You will have access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next: Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process and ensuring that you include a cover letter, please click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply you can contact Dave Pope at email@example.com for guidance.
“Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership”