about 1 month ago
Rail Degree Apprenticeship Programme
We’ve got an exciting new opportunity at Amey Consulting. We’ve partnered with Sheffield Hallam University to offer a ground-breaking Rail Degree Apprentice Programme where you’ll gain a rail engineering degree at the same time as getting real experience on the job working on live rail projects for Amey Consulting. The course, which has recently won the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Award at the Rail Industry Supplier Excellence (RISE) Awards, provides the perfect opportunity to kick start your career. Year one is the same course content for everyone and from year two onwards, you’ll specialise in one of the following rail engineering disciplines: Electrical & Mechanical Engineering; Track & Civil Engineering or Signalling & Telecoms.
What you'll get whilst on the programme
* A fully funded Rail Engineering B.Eng degree course at Sheffield Hallam University backed by on the job vocational training in one of our professional design offices
* A structured development path leading to a professional engineering position on completion of the programme
* A competitive starting salary (from £18,135 per year) rising in line with your progress and achievements
* An opportunity to work on real life engineering problems through your work experience on live rail projects from day one
* A mentor to support you through your study to becoming a professional Engineer
What we're looking for
* Ability to travel – occasional travel within the UK, mainly to Sheffield for study blocks
* Available to start the programme in September 2021
* Passion for developing your skills both professional and personally
* Qualification requirements – 112 UCAS points from A Levels or BTEC which must include a Maths-based subject plus another Science/Technology subject, e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Engineering (actual or predicted). If you have completed or are working towards completing a Level 3 Engineering Apprenticeship, you are eligible to apply, provided you complete the apprenticeship by July 2021.
* GCSE English Language and Maths at grade C or 4.
What we'll give you in return
We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we offer a competitive Apprenticeship Programme:
* A competitive starting salary from £18,135 per annum, and you’ll have annual salary reviews based on your performance. This programme offers you the opportunity to be fast-tracked to an Assistant Engineer position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
* A fully funded Rail Engineering degree course at one of England’s top Universities.
* As an Amey employee, you’ll be eligible for our wider benefits and rewards for example, Professional subscriptions, our Employee Assistance Programme, Save with Amey – a fantastic discount scheme for all employees and not to forget our Amey Flexible Benefits Programme where you can opt for benefits that suit you.
* You’ll receive mentoring and guidance from the industry experts you’ll be working closely with.
* We as a business will support you every step of the way; you’ll have a manager to mentor your progress, a buddy to guide you whilst on programme and access to a dedicated Early Careers community to support you.
* To support with your personal development, you’ll take part in webinars with the wider Apprentice community as well as Wellbeing events to ensure you’re getting the support you need.
Amey Consulting, exceeding expectations
At Amey Consulting we deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners; giving you the unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. Nowhere else offers quite the same combination of positive influences and experiences to help you deliver your best. We’re proud of what we do, because we’re all given the freedom to perform - it’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges. You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched - but have the right environment and support to excel. We’ll recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask the right questions to arrive at smarter solutions because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means smarter outcomes for our clients, our communities and ourselves.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.