5 months ago
Radar Systems Engineer
Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a Europeanleader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Radar System Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. The successful applicant will join the Radar and Microwave Department.
The successful applicant will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Lead the overall design, development and qualification/certification of a product (or a family of products) to satisfy customer and regulatory requirements and programme cost and schedule needs
- Responsible for technical definition, engineering deliverables, schedule, cost, quality and risk management aspects up to final customer acceptance
- Management of Customer needs/requirements, program constraints, regulatory/qualification requirements, technology readiness, engineering capability and capacity
- Lead on all engineering decisions necessary for efficient development and production, on time delivery and customer acceptance for operation.
- Capturing customer and RFP requirements, generating corresponding solutions and producing technical specifications
- Select, propose and finally approve the key technologies to be used on the program
- Ensure that all technical teams provide on-time on-quality on-cost deliverables
- Continuously monitor progress, ensure timely resolution of technical issues and lead engineering change management including customer requests acceptance/rejection
- Approve the necessary budget for engineering resources related to the program engineering tasks and verify resources availability.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
- Honours Degree in Physics, Electronics or related Engineering discipline OR MSc in an appropriate subject
- Domain knowledge relating to Radar is essential, with experience in the Space field only being desirable
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work individually or as part of a team with some technical management
- Proven ability to work within minimal supervision from department leaders, autonomy and initiative is expected
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit ; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business; if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.