7 months ago
We are currently seeking 3 x Quarry Plant Fitter based at Raisby in the North East of England Region.
The role of the Quarry Plant Fitter will be to support the existing team in maintaining and repairing the quarry plant at each unit.
In the role you will be required:
• To facilitate and co-ordinate the repair and maintenance of Quarrying plant and machinery i.e. carrying out any repairs/maintenance for crushers, screening, conveyor systems and some hydraulic equipment
• To provide supervision of others and third party’s assisting in the works being carried out.
• To assist quarry management in the programming of scheduled maintenance aligned to production requirements
• To eliminate preventable plant breakdowns
• To ensure cost effective and timely ordering and supply of spares and critical equipment
• To undertake risk assessment and associated paperwork, where required, of the relevant activities to ensure a suitable and effective safe system of work
• To liaise daily with management and quarry operatives to ascertain any repair and maintenance requirement that arise, or need specific prioritisation
• To provide flexibility to undertake emergency repairs where and when these arise
You must have previous experience as a mechanical fitter in a similar role. You will have a flexible, proactive and ‘hands-on’ approach to work with effective communication, problem solving and IT skills. You will be involved with customers and colleagues at every level in the business and therefore you should be able to work confidently and courteously within the team and on your own initiative. On occasional weekend and night working will be required.
This role may involve travel to other Breedon and customer locations and therefore the job holder must possess a full UK driving licence.
We offer competitive terms and benefits associated with being an employer of choice, including pension and share save options.
Closing date for applications
29th November, 2020