25 days ago
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Quarry Manager to join our fantastic team at Hindlow Quarry in Buxton, Derbyshire.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Stone Business Manager you will be responsible for:
* Ensuring that all activities are carried out in compliance with company SHE rules and procedures whilst any breaches are investigated and dealt with appropriately
* Achieving the weekly production output target, within the constraints of the quarry operating plan, to ensure that the rail and road customer demand is met in full, at the highest efficiency and lowest practicable cost.
* Controlling of the Blasting, Mobile Crushing, Rail/Road Loading and Weighbridge functions utilising appropriate KPI targets to measure, monitor and review the performance, availability and quality of processes
* Owning the Quarry Development Plan, ensuring reserves are worked to meet the phased extraction plans and deliver the restoration objectives in line with planning obligations
* Continually reviewing the operational processes and actively leading/driving improvement by adopting best practice
* Ensuring that all contractors within the Hindlow Quarry Operational Team are trained, competent and authorised to carry out any activities stipulated within the specific role description
* Ensuring that a robust system is in place for the inspection of workplace locations, which will include an effective process for the resolution and close out of any defects identified
* The communication of any relevant SHE briefings or Toolbox talks to the Operational team/contractors so that the information is delivered consistently and effectively
* Promoting the adherence to all quality control procedures so that all materials are manufactured to the correct standard and in accordance with technical specification
* Developing and managing budgets in line with the P and L for the Hindlow quarry operations
* Monitoring and promoting the economical operation of load and haul equipment by contract operators to reduce fuel consumption and deliver SEC reductions
* Managing the improvement of safety performance at Hindlow Quarry with the timely completion of F2F interactions, close-out of SOL actions and adherence with HIRA 2 protocols
* Management of expenditure to ensure that costs are maintained within budgeted levels for area of responsibility
* Executing the weekly production plan to meet the weekly customer demand, based on demonstrated performance and availability
* Managing product quality to reduce cost of customer complaints and improve the perception of aggregate supplies from Hindlow quarry
* Monitoring train and wagon loading accuracy and maximise commercial benefit by optimising the payload of train deliveries
* Conducting RCAs for any outage or event where it is deemed as appropriate, due to significant losses associated with productivity, quality, or safety etc.
* Managing performance of contract resource by completing regular 1-2-1’s.
* Maintaining professional status and provide statutory duty holder; specifically Quarries and Explosives Regulations
The Ideal Candidate
* Higher qualification Engineering / Process discipline, suitable vocational equivalent, or demonstration of appropriate level of practical knowledge and experience
* (8.1c) statutory appointment in accordance with HSE Quarry Regulations 1999
* Membership of IOQ
* QCF 4 or above
* Mineral extractives diploma
* Geotechnical level 3
* Specific knowledge and understanding of Quarry Regs 1999 and other legislative requirements related to quarrying operations
* Understanding and practical knowledge of face operations including blast design, and rock slope stability / geo-technical assessment
* Working knowledge of crushing, screening and other quarry processes, aggregate products, and construction materials
* Wider knowledge of Quarry mobile plant operation and capabilities
* Able to confidently make decisions, lead a team and communicate at all levels.
* Ability to assess SHE risks and to respond accordingly.
* Organisation, planning, and problem-solving ability.
* Working Knowledge of Tarmac, SHE standards and policies
* Basic IT and report writing skills.
* Knowledge of HR processes, coaching and performance management
* Knowledge of modern continuous improvement tools and techniques
* Understanding of P&L accounts and budgeting process
* A confident manager of people with a strength in coaching and development
* Develop and communicate with team members, peers and above
* Robust SHE awareness and low tolerance to risk
* Attention to detail
* Able to deliver tool box talks briefings and presentations
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good IT skills
* Reliable and hardworking
* High personal standards with regards to leadership and integrity
* High degree of task flexibility
* Maintains professional status, develops, and improves own competence and capabilities.
* Physically capable of working in a primary industry environment
* Flexible with working approach
* Use of initiative
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
* Bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
* Training and development opportunities