8 months ago
We are one of the UK’s leading house building and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 4,700 employees working on a huge range of house building and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
Partnerships represents a fusion of contracting, housing and mixed-use regeneration expertise. We undertake design and build contracting, mixed tenure and speculative development, estate regeneration and property support services nationwide. We work in collaborative long-term arrangements with Registered Providers, Local Authorities and other stakeholders to build high quality housing and sustainable communities.
We are currently recruiting for Quantity Surveyors to join our successful Partnerships division, to be based in Newcastle. The successful candidate will be tasked to plan, control, manage and ensure effective administration of the commercial and financial aspects of the contract whilst ensuring compliance with the conditions of the contract and the Business Management System.
Key Responsibilities: Maintain and develop Galliford Try commercial processes and procedures and apply best practice and a continuous improvement approach, to maximise returns in terms of profit.
* Manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
* Maximise cash flow through the timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
* Manage the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including variations, claims and disputes.
* Manage the production of accurate and timely accounts for use in managing the business.
* Manage the production of accurate and timely project financial forecasts for use in setting targets and managing the business.
* Establish and maintain robust open and honest reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets.
* Develop a thorough and in-depth understanding of the contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to the projects to ensure that Galliford Try’s position is protected.
* Assist the Bid Team in the preparation and pricing of tenders for new work.
Experience and Qualifications: You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for a main contractor, specifically on Design and Build, new build and refurbishment projects, as well as sound knowledge of JCT and NEC Conditions of Contract.
* You will have experience of managing a team.
* You will be degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership).
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
Primary Location: Northumberland
Newcastle Upon Tyne Esh Plaza
2 Esh Plaza Sir Bobby Robson Way
Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 9BA
Organization: Partnerships Division OU 4001
Job Type: Experienced
Job Posting: Sep 16, 2019, 12:35:35 PM