11 months ago
Quantity Surveyor / Cost Consultant
Requisition ID :2019-36811
Work Location :GB-Various
Department / Discipline : Project Management
Additional Work Location : GB-Warwickshire-Leamington Spa
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Additional Work Locations
GB-Warwickshire-Leamington Spa | GB-West Midlands-Birmingham
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join our growing commercial team within our Programme and Project Solutions (PPS) business in either our Leamington Spa or Birmingham offices. Established within Environment & Infrastructure (E&IS), As part of its service offering, PPS provides whole life cycle cost and commercial management across a wide range of markets and sectors.
We are looking for a quantity surveyor or senior cost consultant with a variety of sector experience to join PPS Commercial to support in its growth directly to external clients and internal projects across the wider business.
If you enjoy challenges in a fast-paced environment, engaging in a diverse range of industries, this could be the opportunity for you.
To perform the role of quantity surveyor / cost consultant with a focus on Southern UK. Primarily based in either Leamington Spa or Birmingham offices, working with the PPS commercial function, support internal business units and external clients in project whole life cycle commercial management. The role will be an integral part of PPS that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Advising external clients and internal project teams on commercial management and best practice
* Applying value management techniques at the outset of a project
* Estimating and cost planning activities
* Supporting the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
* Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
* Negotiating and agreeing final accounts whether for a client or Wood
* Interfacing with client representatives and other consultants at all project stages
* Handling of contractual frameworks and standard forms of contract
* Managing the commercial control of contract packages looking to maximise value recovery, cost control and cash management
* Protecting Wood’s contractual position
* Promote commercial awareness of the delivery teams
* Managing your professional development both internally and with industry bodies such as RIC/CIOB
* Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
Skills / Qualifications
Your knowledge, experience and skills need to include:
* Previous experience that demonstrates the above responsibilities
* Previous experience working with public sector including housing, education, health and defence
* Sound knowledge of standard industry construction contracts and frameworks
* Knowledge of value engineering and life cycle costing
* Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Excel
* Ability to build excellent long-term relationships with teams and stakeholders
* Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
* A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
* A degree in quantity surveying / cost management or equivalent is essential
* Professional accreditation i.e. MRICS/MCIOB
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.