11 months ago
Quantity Surveyor - Building (Catterick, North Yorkshire) - (170000CG)
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
We are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the Commercial team on a brand-new major project for the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) across the Catterick and Marne barracks located in North Yorkshire. The project entails the construction of various new facilities and the refurbishment of existing buildings.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects. Your focus is to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
Commercial & Contractual
* Analysis of tender allowances
* The measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings), for valuations, variations and final accounts.
* Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
* Administering and/or advising on Main Contract and Subcontract conditions
* Subcontract and Design Procurement
* Subcontract payments, variations and final accounts
* Submission of Cost Value Reconciliations
* Preparation of cost to complete
* Cash management and maximisation
* Cash Flow and Turnover forecast
* Provision of standard reports
* Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
Experience and Qualifications:
* You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for a main contractor, specifically on Design and Build; as well as sound knowledge of JCT and NEC Conditions of Contract.
* You will have sound experience of working within the same, or similar role previous.
* You will be degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership).
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,500 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
The Building Division works across health, education, defense and commercial markets, with a well-balanced spread of both public and private sector clients. Our extensive experience and expertise in building projects enables us to understand our clients’ construction needs and deliver solutions that surpass their expectations.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
: General Site Location (North)
: North Yorkshire
: Construction & Investments
: Aug 3, 2017, 1:54:26 PM