6 months ago
Quantity Surveyor position in our M4 Energy business unit providing assistance, support and advice on all commercial issues on the £12m bespoke NEC ECC Option A Braybrooke (Market Harborough, Leicestershire) contract for National Grid. The project consists of the construction of the new 400kV Substation (Market Harborough) to supply a new Network Rail Auto Transformer Feeder Station (ATFS), known as Braybrooke ATFS. This involves the connection of two new 400/27.5kV 88MVA Super Grid Transformers (SGTs). The position will initially be based at our North West London, London office before being based at our Braybrooke site offices between Kettering and Market Harborough. As Quantity Surveyor you will report into a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Managing Quantity Surveyor and may be responsible for a team of between one and two commercial members of staff varying between Assistant Quantity Surveyor and Commercial Assistant designation.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Encourage and develop a culture of commercial awareness within the team
· Ensure the site team adheres to group procedures and governance
· Development, motivation & performance management of junior staff
· Delegation of appropriate work to junior staff, whilst maintaining accountability
· Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
· Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
· Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
· Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
· Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
· Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
· Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
· Utilise the costing system.
· Assist in cost control / cost mitigation.
· Use the cost allocation/coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements.
· Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
· Maintain site records.
· Adhere to group procedures.
· Positive engagement with Client equivalent position.
· Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
· Drafting of subcontracts including professional services.
· Identification of insurance claims and understanding policy coverage.
· Cash Management including WIP control and cash flow production
· Undertake any other work as required of you by your line manager
· Attend client engagement events for equivalent level customer feedback.
· Involvement in Business Improvement Initiatives.
Qualifications / Experience / Personal Attributes
CSCS (White / Gold Card)
Registered with RICS / ICES and working towards chartership
Full driving licence
Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract (NEC & JCT) and Standard Methods of Measurement.
Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others.
Experience within a construction/engineering/similar and commercial background.