3 months ago
Job Title : Quantity Surveyor
Location : London
Category : Cost Management
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Highly Competitive
Reference # : RG1451
At Ridge and Partners, we offer client care and advice that very few, if any can match. Our Cost Management team fully embrace this philosophy by drawing on the vast amount of knowledge, expertise and experience gained from developing partnerships with private and public sector clients and supply chain partners from all around the world, working on over 70 long-term framework agreements.
And due to our continuing success and growth, we are now looking for our next talented Quantity Surveyor to join our Cost Management team working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy office environment in a vibrant part of London (SE1).
* Evaluate costs and advise on alternative proposals
* Provide advice on contract arrangements and conditions under which building will be constructed
* Advise architects and engineers on the cost implications of different construction methods, alternative choices of materials and size and quality of the project to ensure that each element is reconciled with the cost plan allowance and the overall project remains within budget
* Prepare tendering documents including Bills of Quantities
* Manage the costs of projects during the construction stage and negotiate final accounts
* Follow Practice procedures concerning quality assurance
•Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent)
•Preferably working towards MRICS Chartered
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. We actively challenge and continuously improve our performance by investing in the training and development of our surveyors and technicians.
And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
* 25 days holiday
* Private Healthcare
* Life Assurance
* Pension: Standard 5% Ridge Contribution
* Highly competitive salary
• Permanent contract from day one
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy with over 600 people. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Expert Witness & Advisory Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental and Town & Country Planning. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from affordable housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental and ISO18001 Health & Safety. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 600 people in 11 offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
Closing Date : 15th February 2019