6 months ago
We are seeking a suitably experienced Quantity Surveyor to support our team in the Midlands region.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with opportunities for career development and progression. We offer an attractive salary with benefits which include a generous pension scheme, private healthcare, life insurance cover, and 35 days leave (including public holidays).
* Responsibility for ensuring commercial control of individual projects.
* Ability to support the Senior Quantity Surveyor across multiple projects.
* Management of the Financial Change process under various Forms of Contract.
* Ensuring correct Contract Administration.
* Controlling project costs and managing revenue.
* Cost and value reporting.
* Assist with payment authorisation of subcontractors.
* Managing and reporting programme progress and financial forecasting.
* Manage Health and Safety and Environmental matters on the project.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable).
* Proven track record and relevant experience in the construction/civil engineering sector (essential).
* Proven Quantity Surveying experience.
* Knowledge of NEC, JCT and ICC forms of contract.
* Experience of the estimating process and preparation of tender prices.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
* Strong negotiation skills
* Strong team player
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
* Good problem solving skills.
* IT literate
Dawnus is an Equal Opportunities Employer