11 months ago
Job Title : Quantity Surveyor
Location : Liverpool
Category : Cost Management
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Negotiable
Reference # : RG1273
At Ridge and Partners, we offer client care and advice that very few, if any can match. Our Cost Management team fully embrace this philosophy by drawing on the vast amount of knowledge, expertise and experience gained from developing partnerships with private and public sector clients and supply chain partners from all around the world, working on over 70 long-term framework agreements.
Based at our offices in Liverpool with over 25 employees covering a multitude of different disciplines, you will work on prestigious projects from large industrial, education and residential schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes. You will also work with interesting clients including health trusts, housing providers, local authorities, schools/universities, contractors, developers etc.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for providing advice on costs involved in building projects - site preparation, construction, labour, material and plant costs, fitting out costs, professional charges, taxes and likely running costs of new buildings.
The role will require you to be the key point of contact with our prestigious clients, therefore a high level of communication skills and commercial awareness are essential for being successful in this role.
* Evaluate costs and advise on alternative proposals
* Provide advice on contract arrangements and conditions under which building will be constructed
* Advise architects and engineers on the cost implications of different construction methods, alternative choices of materials and size and quality of the project to ensure that each element is reconciled with the cost plan allowance and the overall project remains within budget
* Prepare tendering documents including Bills of Quantities
* Manage the costs of projects during the construction stage and negotiate final accounts
* Follow Practice procedures concerning quality assurance
Experience and Qualifications:
* Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent)
* Preferably MRICS Chartered
What's in it for you?
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
* 25 days holiday
* Company car or car allowance
* Private Healthcare
* Life Assurance
* Pension: Standard 5% Ridge Contribution
* Highly competitive salary
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental, ISO18001 Health & Safety and with Investors in People. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 580 people in ten offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
Closing Date : 10th November 2018