12 months ago
Job Id : 5147
Department : Engineering Birmingham
Benefits : Competitive
Job type : Full time
Location : Birmingham
Type : Permanent
NG Bailey is the UK’s leading independent engineering, rail, IT and facilities services business with a deserved reputation for excellence.
As a market leader, the £400m turnover company is committed to offering tailored and innovative solutions and has a proven track record in doing so in a broad range of sectors.
Bailey attributes its success both to its talented workforce and, to its values of passion, integrity and excellence – which are at the heart of everything it does, and everything it achieves
NG Bailey are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to be based in our Birmingham office to provide commercial support including assisting in developing commercial strategy for specific project/s by maintaining and maximising the profitability of the project/s, through timely requests for payment, minimising of cost including sub-contractor, agreement of variations, securing of payments at the appropriate time and accurate reporting.
* Understanding and negotiation of contract terms for projects and specific risks thismay place upon NG Bailey, prior to any agreement of contract / amendments andensuring these are commercially mitigated during duration of the project.
* Advise and implement the appropriate procedures in line with the contractual obligations
throughout the project in order to mitigate and protect from risk. Presents to
operational teams the risks and T’s & C’s
* Production of cash flows and ensure payments are administered in line with the contract ensuring protection to the business
* Ensure appropriate subcontract documentation is produced and issued in line with company procedures and manage subcontract accounts in accordance with the subcontract through to settlement
* Ensuring that the internal reports of the projects are accurate in respect of costs incurred, projection of costs to spend, contingency and liabilities, sales declared and consequently profit declared. Able to present clear reports
* In accordance with the delegated authorities matrix and consultation with appropriate operational management, prepare on a progressive basis and settle project account with Client at a level that does not negatively impact internally declared sales and settle Subcontractors accounts within internally declared allowances
* Previous experience within a Quantity Surveyor role within an M&E / Mechanical / Electrical / Services environment essential.
* BSc Building Services QS
* IOSH Managing Safely
* CDM Awareness
* English and Maths
REWARDS, TRAINING & Benefits : Our reward package includes a range of benefits which are amongst the best in our sector - generous holiday entitlement, market leading pension scheme and private healthcare., and we pay competitive salaries that consider your role and contribution.