3 months ago
Purpose of Role
Due to continued expansion we are actively looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our commercial team responsible for full range of duties associated with the delivery of Smart Motorways contracts including M20 and M23.
Smart motorways use a range of innovative technologies and operating procedures, to monitor and control traffic flow actively. This includes variable mandatory speed limits and converting the hard shoulder to an extra traffic lane to reduce congestion and improve journey times and safety.
Working as a key member of an integrated team working with Joint Venture partners you will be responsible for:
* Managing a team of quantity surveyors.
* Preparation of Applications for Payment.
* Subcontract administration. Including drafting of Orders, valuation of works, drafting payments, monitoring of value/costs and accruals, monitoring of outturn liabilities.
* Assisting with Change control.
* Assisting with Cost control
* Making suggestions to improve processes
* Cooperating with measures introduced to ensure there is equality of opportunity in employment and equity
* Complying with all aspects of the Project’s Health & Safety Policy
What we are looking for:
* At least 5 years in civils
* Experience of working within JVs
* Experience of working with Highways England
* Experience of BIM
* Working knowledge of NEC Target Cost contracts.
Additional Role Information
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle & fuel card
- 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
- BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
- Pension Plan
- Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands