9 months ago
Gas & Water
Commercial & Quantity Surveying
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Gas & Water business unit to work in Cheadle.
What you'll be doing
As, Quantity Surveyor, you will:
* Assist the Project Managers on commercial matters
* Carry out the coordination to ensure contractual requirements are complied with
* Carry out general commercial management of sub-contractors
* Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback
* Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
Who we're looking for
* Come form a Civil or Mechanical Engineering background
* Have knowledge of NEC3 Option C form of contract
* Have the ability to solicit views across multiple parties, lead discussions and manage inter-dependencies
* Have a strong commercial background
* Have the ability to build and develop relationships with other MWHT employees including project managers
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
We are also Silver Award holders in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Click here to apply