8 months ago
Quality Manager - Suffolk
Requisition ID :2019-39681
Work Location :GB-Suffolk-Leiston
Department / Discipline : Quality Assurance
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
The PMR team within the Wood Nuclear business is looking for a skilled and experienced Quality Engineer to join our team supporting our key client EDF, and Nuclear Reactors at their UK plants, on our long term framework. The GSUK team has an annual turnover in excess of £40M, contributing to the wider Wood Nuclear target. The PMR team is split across multiple locations in the UK; from our home office in Knutsford, the client head office at Barnwood and at various plants around the UK. You will be part of a large client lead team at one of the client’s stations in the UK, supporting multiple projects within the station project portfolio.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
The Quality Engineer would provide positive leadership on quality matters within the Site Project Teams and promote the adoption of best practice to promote a culture that delivers positive commitment to quality and engages all employees in continuous improvement.
* To monitor and report on the effectiveness of the quality management system and to make recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
* To ensure project activities comply with relevant procedures and QA requirements.
* Accountable to the Project Portfolio Manager, with functional responsibilities to Investment Delivery Quality Lead.
* Compile a Surveillance Plan to address Quality related risks associated with the project portfolio.
* Carrying out surveillances to the agreed plan of Project and Contractor Quality Plans, policies & procedures.
* Reviewing, commenting on and assisting with the mark-up of Quality Plans, Quality Programmes and Project Definition Documents as part of the IDP process.
* Assisting Project Managers in carrying out surveillance and inspection visits to manufacturers and subcontractors on or off site as required.
Acting as team champion for Quality Assurance by...
* Being first point of contact with Station QA Group.
* Ensuring the project activities comply with Corporate Quality standards & procedures.
* Acting as first point of contact for advice on Quality Plans and Quality arrangements.
* Assisting Project Managers in establishing quality management arrangements at the beginning of a project and maintaining them through the project life cycle.
* Maintaining awareness of relevant procedures and disseminating information on requirements, changes and updates by establishing and maintaining links with Investment Delivery Quality Lead and the Quality Peer Group.
* Identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities within the Quality Management System.
* Assisting in maintaining supplier & contractor quality arrangements; including monitoring of their plans, method statements and other procedures.
* Monitoring and supporting change management including technical queries and concessions.
* Maintaining and logging of surveillance close outs, non-conformities and associated trend analysis.
* Complete a monthly report on quality performance identifying good practices and any deteriorating trends to the PPM and the ID QA Process Lead.
* Supporting the PPM with governance checks on the quality aspects of Gate approval submissions under the IDP process.
* Assisting with document control issues, including project management.
Skills / Qualifications
Knowledge and Skills
* HNC in a Technical Discipline or equivalent.
* Recognised BS EN ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training completed.
* Ideally certified as a IRCA Lead Auditor.
* Demonstrated proficiency in auditing and surveillance of client and contractor activities.
* Should be aware of the Site Licence requirements on quality assurance and arrangements required to ensure compliance.
* Demonstrated proficiency in Quality Management standards and guidelines including the current versions of BS EN ISO 9001.
* Working knowledge of the current versions of IAEA.GSR-3&2, BS EN ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001.
* Demonstrated proficiency in Quality Management practices, methods and processes.
* This should include experience within Projects Quality Management, ideally within the Nuclear Industry or other similar regulated environments.
Safety - Safety is EDF Energy’s Number 1 priority; we must therefore always act in a safe, responsible manner.
Whilst Safety is not a behavioural competence, it must underpin everything we do and the behavioural
competency statements within this document should be read with this in mind.
1. Business Acumen:
2. Challenge and Change:
3. Decision Making:
4. Leadership Values:
5. Building Relationships:
6. Leading through Teamwork:
7. Open Communication:
8. Developing Self and Others:
9. Achievement Orientation
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
* Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 countries you will have access to international career opportunities.
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.