2 months ago
Project Quality Manager - Derby
Required to work on our A38 Highways project supporting the delivery of the project through the application of the Company management systems. To support the activities necessary for successful project delivery through implementation and monitoring of the project management system.
• Monitor the preparation and operation of the project execution plan (PEP).
• Support and advise the agent on the effectiveness of the project quality system and implementation of the PEP.
• Assist project staff in preparing procedures required by the project and the PEP.
• Advise and report on suitability of subcontractor and supplier quality systems.
• Ensure the correct numbering and issue of quality management system documents including site procedures, activity plans, checklists, registers of NCR's, correction and corrective actions.
• Monitor the implementation of the quality system procedures by the site team, subcontractors and suppliers. Support with the preparation of site procedures, activity plans and assurance records to ensure that staff have comprehensive and complete records for work carried out.
• Maintain the programme of audits of BAM Nuttall work and subcontractors / suppliers and support the close-out of corrective actions.
• Co-operate and liaise with staff and customer representatives to ensure that problems of quality are solved promptly and efficiently.
• Report monthly on the current status of the project systems, concerns, etc. to the agent and independently, where required, to the BPQ Department.
• Carry out other relevant duties from time to time.
Who are we looking for?
Mandatory Qualifications & Experience
• Direct experience of planning, implementing, monitoring and improvement of quality management systems in relation to site activities.
• Process and systems: Be able to develop the quality and handover processes and management systems in line with contract and HE requirements
• Leadership: Be able to lead a team of people and work alongside the construction team to support.
• Independent: Be able to take initiative and work independently
• Technical: Sufficient experience in similar role and fully versed in ISO systems and the auditing of those systems, and preferably have auditor competence.•
• Able to communicate with people at all levels.
• Experience in coaching and developing others.
• Proficient in the application and use of information technology.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
• Knowledge of Lean construction practices and techniques.
• Working knowledge of digital construction applications, platforms and practices is preferred.
• IRCA lead auditor qualified.
• Degree level qualification or equivalent technical qualification.
• Experience of working in construction project delivery.
What’s in it for you?
What do we offer?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including car/allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group’s ten operating companies. One of Europe’s largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.