4 months ago
* Requisition ID: 223118, Quality Manager
* Relocation Authorised: National - Single
* Location: Various Locations, UK
* Other Requirements: Ability to obtain & maintain required SC security clearance
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Multi-year UK nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi—billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The Quality Manager will have a direct reporting line to the Business Manager and a matrix reporting line to the GBU Functional Manager of Quality
Has overall responsibility and accountability for programme quality performance and management across a $1.5Bn Programme Management Organization (PMO) and Supply Chain Management programme. Responsible, along with other PMO leadership, for assured delivery safely, to quality and performance standards, and to time and cost within budgetary constraints. Develops, maintains, and verifies implementation of the quality programme. Oversees the performance of complex professional activities requiring the application of specialized and/or advanced quality assurance principles. Maintains client liaison and communication for project quality activities. Advises management of project quality problems and progress. Assists Bechtel leadership during assignment with continual development of the relationship with the customer to position Bechtel for repeat business and ongoing multi-project association(s) for work in UK and globally, and growth of Bechtel NS&E UK EPC capability.
1. Directs quality activities and their effective implementation for PMO services, communicating with engineering, commercial, construction, administrative services, and other project personnel to ensure management goals and objectives are met.
2. Coordinates the preparation of and establishes the PMO quality programme/plan.
3. Reviews and approves quality‑related procedures prepared by the PMO to ensure compliance with the quality programme/plan.
4. Ensures new or revised regulatory requirements are reviewed and, following appropriate change management, incorporated into the quality programme/plan.
5. Develops and manages the Bechtel internal audit plan, as well as the programme audit plan spanning all PMO aspects as well as supplier auditing
6. Supervises and participates in the auditing and monitoring program to verify the effectiveness of the quality programme/plan and enable the timely mitigation of technical and programme/project risks.
7. Recommends actions to personnel to correct observed quality deficiencies.
8. Manages complex organizational interactions that evolve from the participation of several functional teams or from customer-established relationships.
9. Represents the PMO during quality assurance audits conducted by the customer, management, regulatory agencies, and other project stakeholders.
10. Reviews project schedules for quality‑related activities to ensure timely and effective implementation of the PMO quality programme/plan requirements.
11. Identifies quality problems, initiates documented action and verifies implementation of solutions. Manages the project corrective action system.
12. Initiates stop-work action, when warranted.
13. Drives the PMO continuous improvement process.
14. Leads the process for onboarding of Bechtel and customer personnel to the programme quality management system.
15. Coaches and trains Bechtel and customer personnel in procedural compliance.
16. Forecasts job hours and monitors charges to the PMO quality budget.
17. Initiates PMO quality staffing requirements and budgets for approval.
18. Prepares reports on the effectiveness of the quality programme/plan implementation.
* A recognized degree in an engineering or construction discipline,
* Specialized courses in engineering, quality, personnel administration or a specialized discipline,
* Practical work experience in fields of engineering, environmental science, commercial, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning, or business administration.
* The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
* This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
* Certified Quality Assurance Lead Auditor from accredited body relating to activities performed under a nuclear quality assurance programme, ASME NQA-1, or ISO 9001.
* Experience of application of a Quality Grading approach in a highly regulated industry.
* Experience of integrating decision point, hold point and witness point control into assurance planning.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.