3 months ago
We are seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to join our team working at Hinkley Point, one of the largest civil engineering projects in Europe.
The role of the Quality Engineer is to make sure that work is carried out to the Client’s standards, specification and schedule and that the correct materials and workmanship are used; ensuring the client is given quality work and value for money.
* Drive and direct the approach to Quality Management across the project, communicating, supporting and influencing relevant staff.
* Ensure that the processes for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the relevant requirements.
* Ensure a robust inspection, certification and test regime is in place and compliance with it is reported to the project management team and company systems.
* Develop site specific procedures which allocate responsibility and authority to individuals.
* Lead and drive Quality Improvement initiatives at project level.
* Ensure all records are established, organised and maintained for compliance.
* Ensure that a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained on the contract.
* Identify technical problems and recommend corrective action where required.
* Provide input into advanced risk assessments and method statements.
* Preparing, reviewing and evaluating Inspection and Test Plans including those of sub-contractors.
* Providing site training/mentoring on the requirements of the Quality Management Systems.
* Providing an independent channel of communication on quality and environmental matters, initiating necessary action to resolve deficiencies and ensuring satisfactory solutions have been achieved.
* Ensuring audits are undertaken in accordance with the audit schedule and that any adverse findings, including those raised by others, are closed out in a timely manner.
* Maintain good working relations with the Client, the design team and the supply chain.
* Check engineering drawings/specifications, working with the site team to identify and resolve design conflicts in sufficient time to allow programme to proceed without delay.
* Liaise and attend regular meetings with the Client’s team and with Site Agent/Project Manager to update on progress of works.
* Comply fully with the Company’s Business Management System (BMS).
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Relevant industry qualification (HNC/HND/BEng/MEng).
* Have a sound technical knowledge and understanding of British Standards and Codes particularly in relation to civil engineering construction works.
* Have experience of working within the civil engineering with a main contractor.
* Have a sound understanding, knowledge and experience to be able to create Inspections and Test Plans and Check Sheets for construction works.
* Experience of audit and surveillance against IMS.
* Ability to work in a team environment contributing across a project, site or area.
* Good management skills, with the ability to motivate self and colleagues to perform.
* Good planning and time management skills; able to manage activities simultaneously without compromising on standards or quality.
* Ability to ensure standards and specifications are met.
Dawnus is an Equal Opportunities Employer