about 1 year ago
Quality Engineer (Highways) King 31 Grantham - (1900003A)
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
We are recruiting for a Quality Engineer to work on our latest scheme awarded under the Midlands Highways Alliance, the Grantham Southern Relief Road leading the King 31 Distribution park. Phase one saw the completion of a roundabout off the B1174 and a road along Tollmache Road leading to a second new roundabout. Phase Two will join the B1174 to the A1 trunk road via a grade-separated junction worth in excess of £14m. This scheme will start in May so get in touch today!
The Quality Engineer provides expertise in the area of Quality specifically to ensure the systems in place are properly executed throughout the project or business.
* Support the Quality Manager in ensuring that the process is in place to deliver right first time to Project specifications, in conjunction with the Project Manager as appropriate. Where required provide training and put measures in place to support this
* Assist the site management team to ensure inspection and test plans are implemented
* Assist in developing specific project / task quality plans
* Undertake assurance that the Quality Plan is being followed and that requirements are being met
* Support the development of either Project or Business Stream Quality strategies or plans and the implementation of measurement frameworks across the scope of services and full project lifecycle
* Support the Quality team in dealing with external
Auditing governing bodies to maintain existing certification and continuous improvement
* Provide quality improvement performance measures and recommendations, and share best practice
* Produce project and/or business quality reports as required
* Support the delivery of business stream quality programs and actions
* Assist in training, coaching & developing quality skills in business streams
* Support the establishment of a continuous improvement culture
* Undertake specific investigations and/or report on quality related issues as required.
* Drive efficiencies through early project involvement and explore options to provide lean construction by understanding customers’ needs and expectations
* Understand Lean principles and how to apply them in construction
Experience and Qualifications:
* This opportunity would suit an individual with an Civil engineering background, presenting an opportunity to broaden experiences gaining skills and expertise in the field of quality. Desirable skills and experience applicable for the role as follows:
* Practical experience in quality management in a relevant business environment
* Experience of working within a quality management framework & KPI measurement
* Knowledge of the Highways sector or experience within a project based organisation
* An understanding of BIM and how to use BIM models and produce appropriate reports from them is desirable.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,500 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Operating under Galliford Try in England and Wales and Morrison Construction in Scotland, UK, we are a leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. From highways and rail to renewable energy and water, delivering a specialist capability from concept and design through to project implementation and maintenance.
Galliford Try celebrates a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunities Employer, we welcome all applications from all sectors of the community.
Primary Location : Lincolnshire
Job : Construction (Operations Management)
Organization : Construction & Investments
Job Type : Experienced
Job Posting : Apr 2, 2019, 5:29:54 PM