7 months ago
Quality Engineering role covering all quality aspects linked to key processes including; conformity, process improvement, problem solving and root cause corrective action, non-conformity management, communication of performance against quality targets, First Article Inspection (FAI). They would also act as an interface to the customer on aspects relating to project Quality (Contract Review, Quality Plans, FAI planning, Preventative and Corrective action initiatives etc…)
* Integrated Process Team (IPT) support for quality requirements,
* Certification of product and tasks in accordance with quality requirements
* Customer Interface for Quality requirements
* Process Improvements
* Non-conformity management
* Communication of performance (internal, to customer, to GE central entity)
* First Article Inspection paperwork review and approval
* Rewrite and create quality documents
* Manage customer returns including root cause correction activity
* Communicate with other departments, customers and suppliers
* Product, paperwork and system auditing
* Record database maintenance
* Degree or equivalent in Engineering discipline (aeronautical, mechanical, manufacturing or production)
* Good knowledge of AS 9100 Quality management system
* FAI experience to AS 9102 standard
* Quality audit experience
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and IT
* Ability to contribute effectively to team-working and group discussions
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Producing clear and precise written reports
* Possess strong analytical skills
* Ability to work to timescales, achieve personal deadlines and contribute to team objectives
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ability to work independently
* Strong problem solving skills
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Locations: United Kingdom; Eastleigh, Hampshire