28 days ago
Job number: UK18631
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Risk Audit Quality
UK, North West, Birkenhead
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Bromborough.
* To improve Quality performance.
What you'll be doing
As a Quality Engineer you will be:
* Supporting right first time every time, external quality certification process and to drive the Elimination of Waste , Right First Time and reduction in the Cost of Quality;
* Supporting the delivery of Contract, Business Unit and SBU Quality Action Plans and ITPs;
* Supporting and facilitating Quality management planning (including contract quality plans and industry specific plans;
* Challenging current systems and processes to ensure best practice and continual improvement;
* Where required support development of appropriate content for the business management system;
* Supporting quality related improvement initiatives;
* Provide advice and coaching on Quality issues;
* Supporting Quality related training to equip the business with the skills to drive improvements in Quality performance;
* Interfacing with audit function to support locally where required;
* Supporting contracts to ensure they are compliant with Balfour Beatty & contract specific requirements;
* Where appropriate provide Quality advice to our supply chain;
* Where required provide Quality input to the tender development and bidding process;
* Producing appropriate reports and management information;
* Living the Balfour Beatty Values;
* Ensuring a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
* Supporting the business unit external accreditation process including ISO9001 and industry accreditations;
* Understanding and comprehension of BIM 360 Field;
* Welding and MPI/DPI NDT inspections.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* An understanding and commitment to Quality Management;
* Coaching skills;
* Ability to nurture strong relationships with delivery teams and project managers;
* Either a CQI Practitioner or willing to work towards practitioner status;
* Competent user of modern office computer systems e.g. Microsoft Office.
The following are desirable:
* A working knowledge of the sector in which the role is to operate - Nuclear;
* An understanding and knowledge of ISO 9001 and Internal Audit;
* Has an ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts;
* Pays attention to detail and the ability to see things through to completion;
* Can deliver reports orally and written in an objective manner;
* Has good interpersonal and communication skills;
* Is a self-starter who manages their own time;
* Has an enquiring and questioning approach to audit work;
* Is able to work within a multi-discipline team;
* Is good at building relationships;
* Can demonstrate initiative and resilience;
* SQEP Nuclear Competency.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to 2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at -******
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: -******