about 1 month ago
CLOSING DATE 30th APRIL 2021
We are looking for an innovative Quality Engineer with the autonomy to apply the principles of product quality planning, evaluation and control in support of the manufacturing operations within our organization.
Working from our Daventry plant you will be responsible for applicable systems related to plant customer issues, ensuring and focusing on quality processes, procedures and continuous improvement to reduce potential defects.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* Monitor supplier performance, whilst engage and improve their performance if not met
* Robust corrective action, making any changes necessary to ensure continual improvement in process and product design along with ensuring supplier corrective action requests are actioned
* Perform quality audits of processes and systems
* Lead the technical quality planning and ensure customer satisfaction through structured and measurable processes as defined by industry standard.
* Lead and/or participate in Six Sigma and Serious Quality Problem (SQP & PQP) projects
* Support Internal Supply base as an SQIE with PPAP and 7 step process to ensure no defects whilst safeguarding that actions are completed, and lead times are met and delivered.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
* College, university, or equivalent bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required within manufacturing processes
* Exposure to and experience working with fabrication / machining / casting processes
* An understanding of IATF or Quality Core Tools along with engine components would be beneficial
* Be an influential member of the team
* Excellent communications skills dealing with both internal and external suppliers and customers.
Compensation and Benefits:
* Salary between £27,801 - 38,700 depending on experience
* Defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual bonus plan (based upon company performance)
* Assisted BUPA Membership
* Health cash plan - support towards medical, optical and dental costs
* Life assurance
* 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
EVERY EMPLOYEE, EVERY COMMUNITY
You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-Northamptonshire-UK, Daventry, Cummins Co Ltd
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Mar 31, 2021, 3:13:52 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 210001CR