8 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
The Quality Engineer is responsible for providing assurance that QinetiQ is operating safely, compliantly, efficiently and effectively in a given domain, identifying continuous improvements to meet the requirements of regulators, certification bodies and the business.
• Planning and development of detailed scopes of audit, to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulation, standards and QinetiQ process in the conduct of audit;
• On time delivery (against the audit schedule) of process and product audits to assure safety and compliance regimes are effective and maintained;
• Identification of actions to maintain and, in areas of non-conformance, return to, compliance with relevant legislation, regulation, management standards (ISO) and QinetiQ process;
• Proactive identification, immediate action as necessary and communication to suitable levels of any risk associated with QinetiQ’s ability to be safe and comply with relevant legislation, regulation, standards and QinetiQ process;
• Identification and sharing of areas of good practice and process across the business
• Assisting and advising in the development and production of quality management plans and relevant project documentation, in relevant domains;
• Supporting area managers in delivering quality and maintaining regulatory compliance, providing training and coaching to staff when required;
• Understanding of the compliance state of QinetiQ in relevant assigned areas, and production of associated information for management review and to support management action;
• Preparation and production of quality artefacts such as, but not limited to, Certificates of Conformity and documented First Article Inspections;
• Acting as the voice of quality and conscience of the organisation in engaging with stakeholders across the business;
• Preparation for and co-ordinate external audits as required.
• Track Record of delivery of audits and assurance in a complex and diverse domain;
• Demonstrable understanding of relevant legislation, aviation regulation across UK Military and EASA/CAA approvals, management standards (ISO) and contractual standards;
• Demonstrable ability to balance robustness and collaborative support, to ensure suitable assurance whilst maintaining a one-company approach;
• Possess a keen eye for detail and ability to proactively identify risks before they become issues to the business.
Experience & Qualifications:
• ISO 9001 Lead Auditor (BS EN 9100 Lead Auditor preferable);
• Experience auditing within an initial or continuing airworthiness aviation environment;
• Experience of using root cause methodologies to identify true root causes and support subsequent improvement;
• Effective and influential communicator at multiple levels, able to engage with detail or summarise as required by the recipient;
• Calm and considered approach to problem solving;
• Results focussed and committed to excellent delivery.