8 months ago
Job number: UK14570
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Risk Audit Quality
UK, London, London
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in London.
What you'll be doing
As a Quality Engineer, you will have the following accountabilities:
* To support right first time every time, external quality certification process and to drive the Elimination of Waste , Right First Time and reduction in the Cost of Quality;
* Supporting the delivery of Contract, Business Unit and SBU Quality Action Plans and ITPs;
* Support and facilitate Quality management planning (including contract quality plans and industry specific plans;
* Challenging current systems and processes to ensure best practice and continual improvement;
* Where required support development of appropriate content for the business management system;
* Supporting quality related improvement initiatives;
* Provide advice and coaching on Quality issues;
* Supporting Quality related training to equip the business with the skills to drive improvements in Quality performance;
* Interface with audit function to support locally;
* Support contracts to ensure they are compliant with Balfour Beatty & contract specific requirements;
* Where appropriate provide Quality advice to our supply chain;
* Where required provide Quality input to the tender development and bidding process;
* Production of appropriate reports and management information;
* Live the Balfour Beatty Values;
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
* Support the business unit external accreditation process including ISO9001 and industry accreditations;
* Understanding and comprehension of BIM 360 Field.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* An understanding and commitment to Quality Management;
* Coaching skills;
* Ability to nurture strong relationships with delivery teams and project managers;
* Either a CQI Practitioner or willing to work towards practitioner status;
* Competent user of modern office computer systems e.g. Microsoft Office;
* A working knowledge of the sector in which the role is to operate;
* An understanding and knowledge of ISO 9001 and Internal Audit;
* Has an ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts;
* Pays attention to detail and the ability to see things through to completion;
* Can deliver reports orally and written in an objective manner;
* Good interpersonal and communication skills;
* Is a self-starter who manages their own time;
* Has an enquiring and questioning approach to audit work;
* Able to work within a multi-discipline team;
* Is good at building relationships;
* Can demonstrate initiative and resilience.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to GBP2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.