6 months ago
Job number: UK14060
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Risk Audit Quality
UK, North West, Warrington
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join our Major Projects team to work in Birchwood, Warrington.
What you'll be doing
As, Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:-
* Reporting directly to the BEPDT Quality Manager and Construction Quality Manager and supporting the Project Quality Control Manager;
* BEPDT Integrated Management System maintainance and upkeep activities, particularly with regard to Construction & Commissioning, to reflect continuous improvement and learning from experience;
* Reviewing, approving, monitoring and endorsing as appropriate, Quality Plans and Inspection and Test Plans; undertaking associated compliance verification activities as appropriate;
* Producing weekly report providing information relating to assigned Procurement packages and system (STC) / LTR handover;
* Understanding and implement the processes necessary to provide the appropriate Quality support to constructiona and commissioning activities on site;
* Assisting and or conduct Quality audits of the BEP site activities and sub-contractor operations on site, and off site as directed, in accordance with the Project Audit Schedule;
* Ensuring the Quality standards of the BEP Project are consistently met, raising Performance Improvement notices (NCRs) where appropriate and close out any actions in a timely manner;
* Undertaking the identification, review, checks and endorsement of Project Life Time Records (LTR);
* Attending progress meetings and identify,capture and discuss any Learning from experience (LfE);
* Delivering and champion Nuclear Safety.
Who we're looking for
The following Experience/qualifications are required:-
* Extensive experience of working within a highly regulated environment, with major project delivery;
* Nuclear Industry experience and training;
* Experience of major project delivery and preferably mechanical or electrical background;
* Member of the Chartered Quality Institute;
* Lead Auditor (IRCA Accredited) qualification as a minimum;
* Capable of achieving the Sellafield Baseline Personnel Security Standard as a minimum.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.