3 months ago
Job number: UK11201
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Risk, Assurance & Quality Control
Region/State: South West
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Bristol.
* To be a member of the BBBJV QualityFunction, providing functional package management leadership, support and subject matter expertise, which ensures that quality standards are achieved right first time, in accordance with the Client’s requirements on the Hinkley Point C (HK5301) IEG contract.
What you'll be doing
As a Quality Engineer you will:
* Support implementation of the BBBJV Supply Chain Quality Strategy;
* Support the development and maintenance of appropriate content for the BBBJV BMS, ensuring the systems, processes and procedures developed are fit for purpose and instil a right first time approach;
* Provide Quality support and input to the Procurement Package Criticality Assessment process and determination of the appropriate surveillance arrangements to be implemented;
* Identify and exploit/mitigate Supply Chain Quality Opportunities and Risks on the project;
* Provide appropriate Quality input to the development of Procurement Package Specifications.
Who we're looking for
* Hold a CSCS Card or CCNSG – Safety Passport equivalent;
* Hold Triple Bar – Nuclear New Build (or within 2 months of commencement);
* Be a Practitioner Member of CQI (PCQI) or working towards membership;
* Be ISO 9001 Lead Auditor.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to £2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.