4 months ago
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Our Investments & Retirement team have ambitions to lead the way in Financial Planning & Products which will require us to be innovative and use new tech, so will require talented Quality Engineers to help us deliver exciting customer driven solutions.
These are significant opportunities to join our autonomous team, who together drive quality software solutions into production.
You’ll be continually challenged, motivated, mentored and supported and help define “Done” from a Quality perspective and deliver Test solutions in line with the Test Strategy and our Quality Engineering principles.
You'll always have a view of reducing risk through the Test lifecycle and will help drive the overarching Quality Engineering strategy through the Quality Assurance Guild. Your thought process will be automation first making use of a modern toolchain and automation framework.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. And we are looking for people who can seize those opportunities; you'll get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
• Create Test artefacts in line with an agreed Test Strategy, writing automation Test scripts against user stories and maintaining Test traceability.
• Defining a Test process and designing and delivering an automation Test framework around continuous integration using Behaviour Driven Development methods.
• A focus on reducing risk and building confidence in the team and its stakeholders on the quality definition of the product.
• Identifying defects and working with the feature team to provide fixes preventing defect leakage. Helping to capture lessons learnt to prevent similar issues in the future.
• Ensure that Testing is conducted in a way which is consistent with - and exploits the collective frameworks, patterns and best practices that exist across the wider Test community
• Work with Software Engineers, Performance Engineers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Architects and Designers as a part of the Feature Team.
• Open to new “thought process” and Change mindset, bring in new ways of working/ innovative and creative ways of delivering “Quality”.
• Being a strong part of the QA Guild helping to build the community and building the capabilities of others.
• Leading junior colleagues within the QA guild and your team and ensuring the appropriate development and coaching in place to ensure the team across the directorate is successful.
• Ensuring your area of responsibility is aligned with overall test strategies and transformation, pushing boundaries and seeking opportunities to improve.
What we’re looking for
• Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering background with a deep knowledge of Test Lifecycle, Test Models, Best Practices, Test Benchmarking and Test Tools.
• Experience of leading and embedding Quality Transformation initiatives across multiple areas.
• Proficient experience with toolsets including Selenium, Cucumber, Perfecto, Appium, Saucelabs, Blazemeter, Jenkins , CA Lisa, Jira and QC
• Experience of working in a dynamic agile delivery environment Testing web applications.
• Experienced in defining Quality Engineering and Assurance deliverables producing quality Test artefacts.
• Technical specialist expertise with experience in BDD
• An automation first Test approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk.
• Passion to lead and work collaboratively across the teams in order to align to the Digital Test Strategy and meet the overall goals of the Bank and Stakeholders.
• Experience and knowledge across the entire Test Lifecycle including Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Test Data and Environments
• Excitement about enabling others to achieve greater results than one can achieve alone and being part of a wider delivery team responsible for end to end solutions.
• Confidence to express own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
• Significant Problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Experience of working with stakeholders in and out of feature teams and projects building long lasting collaborative relationships.
• You will be a strong advocate of industry trends, innovation and continuous improvement demonstrating how we can remain competitive in a fast paced environment.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference. Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
Together we make it possible.
Finance House, Orchard Brae, Edinburgh, EH4 1PF
Finance House, Orchard Brae, Edinburgh, EH4 1PF
Our vision of being the best bank for customers is dependent on every colleague committing to and demonstrating our core value of "putting customers first". In joining us you'll have a role that matters and will contribute towards the Group achieving our vision through your day-today actions being performed in line with our Codes of Responsibility and Group Policies. By individually and collectively committing to our Group values and codes, we will be able to make a difference together and help Britain prosper.
We're also committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve – where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
We're proud to have received the following industry recognition: 'Stonewall Top Private Sector Employer', 'Top10 Employer for Working Families', 'The Times Top 50 Employer for Women' and both 'Gold Standard' and "Best Workplace Adjustments Process" from the Business Disability Forum – each demonstrating our commitment to the principles of agile working and inclusion for all.
So if this sounds like a culture that you'd like to be a part of then be assured that we'll welcome your application.