12 months ago
Supplier Quality Engineer
Reports directly to:
Strategic business unit:
Meggitt Control Systems is a leading supplier of fire protection and control, pneumatic, fluid control, thermal management and electro-mechanical equipment and sub-systems. Some nine facilities are located in the USA and UK, with repair stations in the UK, USA and Singapore.
Products: Aerospace valves - Bleed, ECS, anti-icing, fuel, solenoid, engine case-cooling, mixing and starter valves; and air-oil separators and Retimet filters. Thermal management - Tubular and plate-and-fin heat exchangers. High pressure ducting - High pressure ducting, flexible joints. AS1424 metallic hoses. Electro-mechanical products - Fans, motors, compressors, controllers and specialist pumps. Energy - Industrial fuel and bleed air control valves; ground fuelling products. Safety systems - Aircraft fire protection and control systems
This is a rare opportunity to join Meggitt’s World Class Quality Management Team as a Supplier Quality Engineer. Our customers are looking to Meggitt to enhance our current processes and provide delegated management of our suppliers including manufacturing process approvals, monitor supplier performance and develop under performers were necessary, as well as Meggitt’s strategic suppliers.
This role will require an experienced individual capable of understanding, interpreting and communicating customer requirements and ensuring suppliers deliver Right First Time product
• Understand & interpret Customer requirements to ensure the effective flow down to Meggitt suppliers.
• Understand Supplier Inspection methods
• Ability to identify gaps in Supplier inspection methods and develop improvement plans
• Develop defined inspection procedures and work instructions with Suppliers
• Identify best practice inspection methodology and implement within Meggitt supply base.
• Conduct delegated source inspection where required
• Support the supplier in the planning and submission of FAIR/LAIR including APQP/PPAP
• Review the supplier’s product quality planning for compliance with Meggitt, customer and regulatory requirements
• Facilitate the resolution of supplier queries, including the submission of concessions if required
Key skills and competencies required:
• Quality systems experience in ISO9001 / AS9100 / QS9000 and rigorous customer requirements
• Assessment of systems and processes, including statistical techniques & capability studies
• Clear understanding of general machining & fabrication, casting and forging manufacturing processes
• Use of Measurement System Analysis, Gauge R&R.
• Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing GD&T
• Must have a recognized engineering qualification and /or relevant experience within an engineering environment undertaking similar activities.
• Must have a strong understanding of castings, forgings, machining and fabricated parts manufacturing processes