8 months ago
Quality Control Laboratory Technician for Asphalt & Contracting - West Drayton
Working at Hanson is about being part of something big – with more than 300 sites across the UK and over 3,500 employees in a wide range of roles, Hanson has opportunities for all. Belonging to the international HeidelbergCement Group which has a leading global position in aggregates, cement and concrete, everyone is part of one team that is committed to achieving the companys visions.
Our staff understand that what we do is much more than “just” produce materials, we are vital to ensuring that roads can be built and maintained, we form the foundations of buildings such as hospitals and we are part of major projects that will shape the future of the UK.
One of our key aims is to be a leading sustainable business that is committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive. Hanson is an equal opportunities employer.
Description of Team / Department
Working within the Technical Department and reporting to the Technical Production Manager to ensure Right First time quality products are supplied to our customers.
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
Compliance with selected sampling and test rates
* Conformity with relevant test standards and procedures
Conducting and reporting on quality inspections
Monitoring the manufacturing, delivery and installation processes and reporting on non-conformance
Timely dispatch of samples to the Central Laboratory
Skills / Experience
* Good standard of general education (5 GCSE's)
* Ability to identify, investigate and determine root cause of quality issues
* Full driving licence.
* Flexible approach to working hours- some asphalt plants operate on a 24 hours, 7 days a week basis.
* Appropriate technical experience in asphalt and aggregates and their applications.
* Practical knowledge of sampling and testing procedures
* Accurate completion of documentation
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
* Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
* A comprehensive structured induction programme.
* Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
* Pension with generous contributions from Hanson.
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work and voluntary Life assurance.
Location: West Drayton
Full Time / Part Time: full time
Working Hours: 45.00 hrs
Contract Type: Permanent
Shift Description: Typically 6am-3pm with opportunity for overtime working - nights and weekends.
Company Vehicle: van