6 months ago
Quality, Assurance & Systems Manager
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
The Quality, Assurance & Systems Manager will ensure aspects of the development, design and delivery processes, both internally and at sub-contractors and supply chain are robust, fit for purpose and meet both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance and customer expectations.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POST
* Develop an integrated management system in line with ISO9001.2015, ISO14001.2015 & OHSAS18001.2007 [ISO45001] & ISO44001.
* Develop business improvement programmes and project management their effective delivery
* Carry out audits as identified and provide written reports on the findings
* Deliver strong stakeholder engagement internally with PMO, Safety, Sustainability & Risk teams to minimise duplication of effort in the IMS
* Produce an Assurance Management Plan
* Develop and coordinate delivery of a Risk Based Assurance Programme; manage the outputs from the assurance activities and work with the business to deliver any findings to completion.
* Provide robust Management Information as appropriate to demonstrate performance of the IMS
* Ensure robust engagement with alliance partner parent company representatives to provide assurance that their risk is being effectively managed
* Lead interface and coordination with independent assurance functions, such as the Owner, Partner Parent Companies, External Assurance Team, as appropriate.
* To ensure that products and services are fit for purpose and meet both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance, customer expectations and the Programme Alliance Agreement.
* Seek to continuously improve standards
* Drive business improvements and process adherence including but not limited to:
* Analyse production processes
* Identify areas for improvement
* Expansion of process controls
* Development of working instructions
* Set up and review of relevant process key performance indicators (KPIs) - Drive the use of the Integrated Management System, including Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety and Collaborative Relationships.
* Contribute to the preparation and planning for the completion of external and internal audits and assessments.
* Data review and trend analysis
* Investigate internal quality issues, including all returns and non-conformances.
* Ensure all quality issues are correctly logged, monitored and escalated, where appropriate.
* Assist in identifying root causes and provide support to overcome problems
* Carry out supplier audits as required, including audits of external processes.
* Help to ensure all procedures and management systems are in line with legal and internal customer requirements, including writing and updating of procedures
Implement & monitor agreed audit recommendations as directed
* Educated to Degree or HNDHNC level or equivalent in technical engineering subjects.
* Lead Auditor qualification
Knowledge and Experience
* Minimum of 7 years' experience in design, implementation and management of integrated management systems
* Minimum of 7 years' experience in an engineering or construction environment
* Minimum CQP CQI Tech IOSH PIEMA required
* Strong problem solving skills
* Experience of rail industry advantageous
* Experience of highways projects advantageous
* Experience with using quality tools and techniques
* Experience of working within a joint venture or alliance is advantageous
* Experience of technical authoring
* Experience of project managing business improvement programmes
* Able to carry out investigations and produce reports
* Can use Microsoft Office products