3 months ago
Quality Assurance Engineer
This position is based in Worksop, Nottinghamshire.
Laing O’Rourke’s Explore Industrial Park is Europe’s most advanced precast concrete manufacturing facility. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer, with experience of managing conformance within an ISO9001 manufacturing environment, to join the newly re - formed Quality team, based near Worksop.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will take the lead on quality conformance and audit at the manufacturing site, representing the company during external audits. You will primarily be involved in coordinating and preparing for upcoming audits by driving continual improvement of our manufacturing processes and product development whilst always maintaining compliance with project specification.
The success of this role will be demonstrated by reductions in customer complaints; remedial & reject costs and the finishing of products either cheaper or faster.
* The ideal candidate will have a broad operations and quality background gained within an ISO9001 accredited manufacturing environment. Key attributes will include:
* Experience as an Engineer or Supervisor in a QA / QC environment.
* Knowledgeable in manufacture, ISO 9001:2015, quality audits, inspection processes, document control and process change.
* Excellent communication and influencing skills. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to build and maintain good working relationships.
* Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
* Always strives to find a better way of doing things.
* Reacts to complaints in a positive way and takes ownership of problems where required.
* Results driven and self motivated.
* Lead Auditor – ISO9001
* HNC/HND/Degree in a technical or quality discipline
* Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma Green/Black Belt would be desirable
You will be rewarded with a world class company benefits package including company car or car allowance, private health care, very generous employer matched company pension contribution, and a competitive basic salary.
Apply now to develop your career within the UK’s largest independently owned Engineering & Construction company.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O’Rourke is an internationally-focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.