about 1 year ago
Job ID : 97119BR
Location : United Kingdom - East Grinstead
As part of the Quality function, the Quality Control team ensures that all raw materials, intermediates and final products are tested and released accordingly to specification. Headed by the QC Team Leader, the QC team is comprising of a Senior Technicians, Lab Technicians and a Lab Aid. The QC Lab Technician undertakes the preparation of media and cultures required for Quality Control testing of Sensititre Susceptibility and Identification products.
Division Specific Information
The Microbiology Division (MBD) sits within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group. Our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination. The MBD East Grinstead site is the only manufacture of the Sensititre product range, which includes anti-microbial susceptibility testing (AST) products.
What will you do?
* You will undertake the testing and inspection of raw materials, intermediates and finished products (testing of Sensititre susceptibility and identification products);
* Ensuring appropriate approvals are in place, you will follow manufacturing processes and associated documentation;
* Alongside your colleagues, you will ensure that quality documentation is adequately maintained (Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality Control worksheets);
* You will be responsible for contamination control within the manufacturing facilities.
* You will be responsible for completing out of specification/non conformity reports and concessions;
* Contributing to the general laboratory upkeep, you will calibrate equipment and instruments, maintain laboratory stock, and maintain cultures for laboratory.
Who we are looking for: experience, skills & abilities
* With excellent attention to detail, you are able to follow procedures to ensure an optimum result;
* You can communicate efficiently with a range of people whilst adapting your style to foster effective collaboration;
* You are skilled at organising your time and priorities to ensure that deadlines and lead times are met;
* You have gained relevant scientific knowledge through school education or experience.
What’s in it for you:
* Fantastic career development opportunities
* Competitive salary
* Life Assurance
* Private Medical
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Pension Plan
* Childcare Vouchers
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. !