8 months ago
Title : QC Inspector
Requisition ID :2018-31283
Work Location :GB-Warrington
Department / Discipline : Quality Control
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a QC Engineer with extensive experience in the nuclear industry.
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
QC Inspector reporting to the Project Quality Manager and QC Co-ordinator.
* Promote a Nuclear and personal Safety Culture
* Ensure the quality standards of the joint venture and the client are consistently met and compliant with the Specifications
* Attend and coordinate meetings with suppliers as dictated by the Project
* Encourage continuous improvement across the Project
* Promotion and implementation of the Project Quality Management System and Joint venture process
* Interact with supply chain in accordance with ITP’s to ensure correct fabrication.
* Conversant with Nuclear fabrication specifications
* Fluent with material certification review
* Participate with Audit activities both at suppliers works and on-site
* Timely, effective and concise reporting
Promote a disciplined approach to supplier deliverable approval and concurrent review of Life Time Quality Records
Skills / Qualifications
* CSWIP qualified Welding Inspector 3.1 or 3.2
* PCN II Qualified in LPI/MPI/RI
* NEBOSH / IOSH / CCNSG Safety Passport training
5 years’ experience of working within a highly regulated industry, 2 of which must have been gained within the nuclear industry.
* Experienced with major Project delivery
* Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person for the applicable role
* Working knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001
Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.