4 months ago
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Ideal candidate will be a development lead working in an OO-language (Java, C++, C#, Smalltalk, Ruby or Python) and looking for a new challenge. (S)He will want to spend less time writing boiler plate code and anemic domain models, or getting bogged down in ORMs, DAOs, build scripts and release packaging and more time understanding the business and delivering great solutions.
* Essential skills include experience at leading in an agile team, good at problem solving and getting things done, effective at working in a globally distributed team, coaching & mentoring and excellent coding, automated unit testing, refactoring, OO design.
* Desirable skills include CompSci or Maths degree with Python, Continuous Integration, TDD, pair programming, NoSql databases, e.g. Cassandra, BigTable, Socket programming, ZeroMQ, Automated Acceptance Testing / Specification By Example / BDD, Low latency design, high performance, memory and CPU profiling, Reactive Programming / Complex Event Processing, Functional & Graph-oriented programming, SQL and relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL, XML and related technologies ( XML Schema, XPath ), Message oriented middleware ( e.g. MQSeries ).
* Desirable Business Knowledge includes product knowledge of Fixed Income securities ( bonds, options, futures ) and derivatives ( interest rate swaps, options, inflation, exotics & hybrids ), electronic trading markets and protocols ( e.g. FIX ), Pricing & Risk analytics, PnL calculation
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran