about 1 month ago
Python Software Engineer - QuantumBlack Labs
* Degree educated in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge acquired through work experience.
* Previous commercial experience working collaboratively with other engineers in small to medium-sized product teams.
* Ability to write production level code in Python and in depth-knowledge of its ecosystem.
* Commercial experience designing, building, deploying or maintaining pieces of systems in production.
* Commercial experience in contributing to the development of small to medium-sized projects such as libraries, frameworks, APIs and software development tools.
* In-depths knowledge of computer science algorithms, data structures and their time-space complexity.
* Understanding of highly scaled data problems or ML based products would be an advantage.
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our London office as part of QuantumBlack Labs. You will work in an Agile product team that consists of software engineers, product managers, data scientists and designers.
QuantumBlack Labs is the innovation and product engineering group of QuantumBlack. Our teams are building software that facilitate, accelerate and enable the development and deployment of AI/machine learning solutions at scale in production.
What You'll Do
As a Python Software Engineer at QuantumBlack in London you will...
* Translate business problems into engineering solutions
* Work closely with our users, Product Managers, Designers and other Engineers
* Contribute to the development and deployment of new and existing products (specifically libraries, frameworks and software development tools to start with)
* Produce high-quality code that allows us to put solutions into production
* Take part in code reviews and paired-programming sessions
* Take part in refactoring codebases when relevant
* Strive to consistently apply engineering best practices and high software engineering standards
Our Tech stack
However, we advocate to use the right tech for the right task. Technology evolves and the engineering is responsible to stay up to date with the latest technologies and ensure we make the relevant changes where needed.
Who you are
A core value at QuantumBlack is fusion and at the heart of our multi-disciplinary teams is the belief that the sum of individual parts will always be less than the impact of the entire team.
You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues, challenging thoughtfully and prioritising impact.
Trust between colleagues is paramount here – you are an individual who can always be trusted to work in the best interests of all colleagues and to achieve the best outcome for QuantumBlack and our clients.
You are naturally enthusiastic and enjoy sharing your passion with others.
You search for ways to improve things, believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly.
What you can expect from QuantumBlack
* Real-World Impact – No project is ever the same; we work across multiple sectors, providing unique learning and development opportunities internationally.
* Fusing Tech & Leadership – We work with the latest technologies and methodologies and offer first class learning programmes at all levels.
* Multidisciplinary Teamwork - Our teams include data scientists, engineers, project managers, UX and visual designers who work collaboratively to enhance performance.
* Innovative Work Culture – Creativity, insight and passion come from being balanced. We cultivate a modern work environment through an emphasis on wellness, insightful talks and training sessions.
* Striving for Diversity – With colleagues from over 40 nationalities, we recognise the benefits of working with people from all walks of life.
Our projects range from helping pharmaceutical companies bring lifesaving drugs to market quicker to optimising a Formula1 car’s performance. At QuantumBlack you have the best of both worlds; all the benefits of being part of one of the leading management consultancies globally and the autonomy to thrive in a fast growth tech culture:
* Healthcare Efficiency – We helped a healthcare provider improve their clinical trial practices by identifying congestion in diagnostic testing as a key indicator of admissions breaches.
* Environmental Impact – We designed and built the first data-driven application for a state of the art centre of excellence in urban innovation by collecting real-time data from environmental sensors across London and deploying proprietary analytics to find unexpected patterns in air pollution.
* Product Development – We worked with the CEO of an elite automotive organisation to reduce the 18-month car development timeframe by improving processes, designs and team structures.
Please submit your CV in English
Visit our Careers site to watch our video and read about our interview processes and benefits
As an equal opportunity employer, QuantumBlack encourages applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief. We maintain a sense of community rooted in respect and consideration for all employees where any evaluation is based simply upon individual work and team performance.
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FOR NON-U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity employer. For additional details
regarding our global EEO policy and diversity initiatives, please visit our
McKinsey Careers and
Diversity & Inclusion sites.
share this job
Job Skill Group - CSSS - Early CSS Track
Job Skill Code - SDAN - Senior Digital Analyst
Function - Technology
Industry - High Tech
Post to LinkedIn - Yes
Posted to LinkedIn Date - Mon May 06 00:00:00 GMT 2019
LinkedIn Posting City - London
LinkedIn Posting State/Province -
LinkedIn Posting Country - United Kingdom
LinkedIn Job Title - Python Software Engineer - QuantumBlack Labs
LinkedIn Function -
LinkedIn Industry - Computer Software;Information Technology and Services;Management
LinkedIn Seniority Level - Associate