5 months ago
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
The group is responsible for the production, orchestration, capture and feeding of Risk and PNL data to various aggregators across the CIB for T+1 analysis by the Commodities, Currencies and Emerging Markets business performing a critical control function in today’s highly regulated environment. In addition to this the group is responsible for the build out of the reporting and core business functionality in the Risk Central platform, the target state aggregation and reporting platform for Risk and PNL across the Corporate Investment Bank.
Using technologies like Python, Scala, Hadoop, Kafka and Spark, the Risk Central team is building a resilient high-capacity platform supporting the firm’s business and regulatory agenda. On a typical day, billions of rows of data are fed to the system from both end of day batches and real-time calculators. A modern application stack is being to serve the needs of heterogeneous clients across the Investment Bank and Risk & Finance.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Understanding of architecture and design
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
• Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
• Expertise in either Python or Scala.
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
• Ability to reason about and work with distributed systems.
• Design and engineer software using Python on the Athena platform to build feeds to downstream systems and applications for end users.
• Design and engineer tools on the Athena and Risk Central platforms to improve the overall efficiency of the system and the team.
• Design and engineer software using Scala on the Risk Central platform to manipulate and manage data.
• Liaise with users (Market Risk, Product Control, Accounting) to determine software requirements.
• Respond to & solving support enquiries from users across Market Risk, Product Control and Accounting.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.