5 months ago
About the Role:
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
WSP are looking for a Senior Engineer to join the Public Realm Team, who will assist with deliver high quality designs within all the stages of highway design including consultations and implementation
Schemes typical comprise of large public realm improvement projects with multidiscipline delivery teams and various stakeholders.
The post holder will report to the Publica Real Team Lead and will be responsible for managing and delivering a portfolio of schemes.
The role forms part of WSP’s Highways and Transportation services to Westminster City Council (WCC) working in partnership with the contractor FM Conway.
A typical week would include:
* Managing and implementing the design and design checking of highway engineering projects in Westminster
* Monthly programme and financial reporting
* Liaising with the client team on progress
* Preparing reports, drawings, schedules, bills of quantities, cost estimates and other documents in accordance with local procedures
* Undertaking designer duties tasks as required under the CDM Regulations
* Undertaking liaison with other designers, and key stakeholders.
* Ensuring technical reports and correspondence take into account current policies and best practice, and are delivered on time.
* Ensuring that day to day correspondence and other communications are dealt with professionally, speedily and effectively.
* Ensuring colleagues and line managers are kept informed of progress.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A relevant Degree
* Working towards achieving Corporate membership of a relevant professional body.
* Up to date training in appropriate related subjects Ability to work and liaise with a wide range of professionals.
* Experience of delivering work on time and to agreed budgets.
* Site experience working alongside contractors
* Must have the ability to prioritise, to achieve deadlines and to work with minimal supervision
* Have good spoken and written communication skills.
* Ability to liaise with others including public sector officials, members of the public and other Senior colleagues.
* IT literate
* Experience in project and programme management
* Good working knowledge of current national, regional and local guidance/standards with regards to the fields of highway engineering. Knowledge of the DMRB
* Awareness of up to date initiatives/best practise in highways and transportation
* Demonstrate up to date and relevant knowledge of all aspects of scheme design
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
Our work is serious, and serious fun. We create homes for penguins, help you get from A to B faster and safer, create inspiring places to live and work, and shape the skylines of our cities.
We value our people and our reputation. Having a diverse and robust workforce enables us to look for answers, not problems, and we pride ourselves on offering clients clever, imaginative, future-facing solutions. If you are interested in finding ways to help society thrive, at home and further afield, an exciting career could be waiting for you here