11 days ago
* The subsystem team group are a global function and are responsible for the design, development, validation and failure analysis of engine components on engine platforms ranging from 38 to 91L Diesel and Gas engines. The group covers both new product introduction and current product support projects.
* The Sub-System Team placement will give you an opportunity to work with each team on a different sub-system of the engine, which includes; Air Handling System, Lubrication and Cooling Systems, Base Engine System and Power Cylinder, Crank Rod & Gear Train systems.
* Experience will be gained in engine system problem solving, performance, design, component investigation, test cell operation, data gathering & processing, recognising/reporting discrepancies in results, engine test development and project management.
* You will have the opportunity to develop designs from concept through to fully detailed, production drawings with supporting documentation (tolerance analysis, bill of material, technical reports etc.) for engine components and accessories.
* You will interact and manage a wide range of global and local cross functional groups and departments to co-ordinate project delivery.
* You will have the opportunity to get your hands dirty by assisting with component instrumentation, engine builds and post-test engine tear downs and physical component inspection and analysis.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
* We are looking for a wide range of applicants studying towards a Bachelor or Master's degree from across all Engineering, Project Management & STEM related subjects.
* Has experience in, and can demonstrate, relevant examples of Cummins core values e.g. voluntary work, community involvement activities, working with disadvantaged groups, charity related support, delivering superior results, teamwork, competencies and outside education experiences.
* Has clear thought processes and can show a logical approach to tasks, challenges, hobbies etc.
* Has sustained interest and achievement within hobbies/interests/out of academia activities.
This placement position is one of a number of roles we have available across our Power Systems Technical Centre UK (PSTCUK) sites in Daventry and Manston. Please check out each of our adverts before applying but please note that throughout the application process there may be opportunities to be considered for other PSTCUK based roles than the one originally applied for if you or Cummins feel you would be better suited to an alternative role.
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
EVERY EMPLOYEE, EVERY COMMUNITY
You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-Northamptonshire-UK, Daventry, Cummins Co Ltd
Job Type Cooperative / 12 Month Placement
Recruitment Job Type Student - Cooperative/12 Month Placement
Job Posting Oct 14, 2020, 10:34:52 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 200002JR