6 months ago
Job ID : 85561BR
Location : United Kingdom - East Grinstead
The Microbiology Laboratory Technician works within the Product Support Department (PSD) to conduct laboratory experiments for problem solving of technical product issues. You will work with the team to provide technical support to manufacturing and QC, helping them to resolve issues and implement robust processes for the Sensititre range of antimicrobial sensitivity tests.
Where will you work?
The Microbiology Division provides products for diagnosing disease and detecting bacterial contamination. Our products are used around the world and can help medical professionals to determine the best antibiotic treatment plan for a patient.
What will you do?
* Ensuring to follow the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), you will conduct laboratory experiments;
* You are to assist in the customer complaint and product non-conformity processes, involving technical investigation and report writing;
* You will plan your own workload in line with weekly requirements of the laboratory;
* You will ensure that accurate records are kept to enable process consistency and accurate audits;
* You will assist in the maintenance of the laboratory including calibration as well as the ordering of equipment and products;
* You will recognise and report procedural problems and deviations.
Who we are looking for: experience, skills & abilities
* You are educated to at least A Level standard in Biology, with a keen interest in microbiology and working in a commercial laboratory;
* A quick learner, you are able to learn new skills and acquire knowledge quickly;
* With good attention to detail, you are able to accurately perform calculations and follow procedures;
* You are a good communicator and are able to build solid relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
* You work well in a team environment whilst being able to work autonomously and prioritise your own workload.
What’s in it for you:
* Excellent progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer;
* Competitive salary;
* 38 hour working week with an early Friday finish
* 25 days annual leave;
* Private healthcare cover;
* Employee assistance programme;
* Range of flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, gymflex amongst others;
* Discount shopping scheme.
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best - professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. !