8 months ago
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Sales Director, the Proposal Manager will provide management and co-ordination of bidding activity for consultancy contracts within Energy and Industry. The Sales team has the role and responsibility to manage work winning opportunities through a robust proposals process. The role would be based in Newcastle or Manchester.
The Proposal Manager’s core functional duties include managing/coordinating the interfaces between business leaders, technical staff and others in the proposals team to produce best quality proposals more efficiently within a defined framework for engagement and progression, thus maximising proposal success.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
* Lead, drive and implement opportunities through a structured, robust work winning process against agreed timescales.
* Manage/facilitate the delivery of all or parts of Expressions of Interest, Pre-Qualifications and Proposals including proposal kick off, winning and review meetings.
* Manage interfaces with the proposals team, other UK/global business streams external clients and partner organisations.
* Influence and communicate at a senior level.
* Able to work on own initiative with minimal support.
* Interrogate bid/PQQ and supporting documents to understand project and requirements.
* Identify an approach to defining bid strategy, win themes and storyboard development.
* Interrogate the E&I team to extract detail behind project specific questions.
* Produce capture plans based on research/feedback from the E&I teams and other data sources (e.g. workshops, corporate and industry websites etc).
* Lead answer planning sessions and develop bid answer structures to define the most compelling and engaging response to client.
* Write and support impactful, tailored, technically differentiated bid content.
* Proof-read, identify and/or re-work existing pre-written content where relevant.
* Ensure the WSP message and brand is promoted.
* Develop relationships with client procurement teams.
* Support project team in preparation for client interviews.
* Collate proposal feedback from all members of the project proposal team for continuous improvement and emerging best practice.
* Comply with proposal close-out procedure.
* Attend internal management approval meetings as necessary.
* Assist and provide guidance for the maintenance and production of specific marketing-related materials such as capability statements, experience lists, CVs and project sheets.
* Work in accordance with our business systems and governance procedures
Key competencies and experience:
The successful candidate will have significant experience in proposals management. With a proactive and enthusiastic approach, you will have excellent communication skills and the ability to manage a large number of differing inputs at any one time. You will have or will be developing a sound appreciation of commercial issues.
Other requirements include:
* Excellent command of English language for editing text and response writing.
* Robust project management skills with a meticulous approach to detail and quality.
* A passion for quality and continuous improvement with a focus on delivery.
* Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise.
* Knowledge and understanding of standard private and public sector proposal processes.
* Maintain an awareness of WSP’s business strategy, services, people and projects to support the preparation of proposals and work winning strategies in the capture phase.
* Commercial acumen
* Create compelling supporting documentation for certain negotiated opportunities.
* Drive and support the culture of openness and knowledge sharing required within the team.
* Support and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
* Exhibit and demonstrate behaviours and attitudes in accordance with WSP core values to create a team culture and promote excellent communications.
* Adobe suite. Knowledge of Microsoft Project would be advantageous.
Qualified to degree level or demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role in a consultancy background.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
With 7,000 talented people in 60 offices across the UK and Ireland, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
— We value our people and our reputation.
— We are locally dedicated with international scale.
— We are future-focused and challenge the status quo.
— We foster collaboration in everything we do.
— We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable