about 1 month ago
Proposal Manager - UK South (EOI)
Requisition ID :2020-70279
Work Location :GB-Durham-Darlington
Department / Discipline : Proposals
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Proposal Manager to join our team in Darlington.
With a customer focused approach and a high level of individual initiative, the Proposals Manager has overall responsibility and accountability for the bid proposal process and quality of proposals for their respective businesses.
Responsible for all proposal activity co-ordination to ensure best in class delivery of proposals.
Working in partnership with the Service Lines, Functions and assigned Pursuit Manager, the Proposals Manager will ensure that the development and management of all proposal documents following processes and procedures at all times and in line with the Strategy and Development expectations to deliver the highest quality proposals.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
* Contributes to formulating bidding and execution strategies.
* Responsible for the organization, production and timely delivery of responsive bids/proposals.
* Provides post-bid submissions, organizes the response to requests for clarification.
* Manages client presentations and takes part in negotiations.
* Manages pre-qualification work.
Success criteria includes:
* Increased win rates within the respective businesses
* Increased amount of content for ASA in KnowledgeHub
* Manage coordinators including the coordination of workload, quality of output, ensuring expecations and goals are clear and team is supported
* Ensure the business is properly supported
* Ensure quality of bids
* Through proposal audits, ensure process is being followed
Summary of Responsibilities include:
* Supervise proposal coordinators
* Address workload issues for the coordinators, as needed
* Lead/support major or complex pursuits where needed and requested by the business
* Cross Selling – Lead and encourage cross selling of services for Wood across all markets
* Training – Provide training to new proposal coordinators
More detailed responsibilities:
* Management of Proposal Coordinators: Allocation and assignment of proposal coordinators to support proposal efforts in Houston office hub for assigned business.
* Final Oversight of Client Submittals: Proposals, pre-qualifications, requests for information, and presentations.
* Management of Proposal Process: Serve as the Project Manager for the entire proposal process from receipt of RFP to proposal delivery as well as any required follow-up.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Supervision of proposal coordinators for assigned business units
* Develop and implement the proposal management plan and responsibility matrix
* Develop and implement the proposal schedule
* Lead proposal kick-off and review meetings
* Facilitate strategy sessions on proposal efforts to develop the win strategy and theme/value proposition for proposals
* Oversee and/or expedite the following proposal processes: information gathering and compilation, data entry, formatting, editing, reviews, reproduction and delivery
* Provide interface management with the entire staff of proposal participants, including: clients, Wood management, business development managers, department managers, project managers, technical managers and engineers, contracts managers, support services managers and other Wood Group companies
* Assist/expedite business development managers in the management review of contract, tax, and insurance requirements
* Develop and/or compile sales, marketing, and technical information for proposal use
* Provide oversight in organizing general proposal files, resources, and boilerplate for quick, efficient and accurate retrieval of information for proposal purposes
* Develop and manage the continual improvement of proposal procedures and guidelines
* Manage the quality verification and improvement process for proposal submittals and ensure compliance with corporate management goals and approved proposal processes
* Ensure proposal consistency for all submittals
* Training of Proposal Coordinators: Responsible for training proposal coordinators and technical proposal managers for the assigned business
* Management of Proposal Budgets: Responsible for the management of proposal budgets, initiatives and expenditures for the assigned busines
* Prospect Tracking and Reporting: Assist in the development and organization of the businesses prospect tracking and reporting effort and the CRM system used to manage prospects. This effort may involve the following: prospect list, operations staffing for prospects, measurement of proposal outcomes (win, loss, no bid, etc.), and alignment of prospects with strategic planning, attendance at prospect review meetings and the participation in Lead Review and Approval to Prepare meetings and strategy-to-win sessions
* Management of the Proposal Review Process: Facilitate technical and commercial proposal reviews and lead red team reviews, and prepare the relevant documentation for those reviews.
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related preferred (or equivalent work experience)
* Working towards professional registration within core competence preferred
Knowledge, skills and experience:
* Technical and/or engineering experience preferred
* Strategic creative thinker with ability to “think outside the box”
* Proven team player, capable of leading and motivating the proposals team
* Advances analyitical skills and ability to follow structured approach
* Takes responsibility and leads continuous improvement
* Ability to drive company policies and procedures and apply to proprosals, as appropriate
* Leads Change and implementation of processes
* Commitment to continuous sel-development
* Strong organizational and project management skills
* Balanced people management and supervisory skills
* Proven leadership and strategy development skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Thorough understanding of and ability to implement industry best practices
* Understanding of marketing techniques (layout, graphics, strategy-to-win)
Management, Teamwork and Behaviors
* Enjoy challenging opportunities
* Even tempered in fast-paced, high-pressure environment
* Mentoring: sharing knowledge, best practice and relationships in order to support individuals to achieve their obejectives
* Coaching and Team Building: build a team whereby team members have the ability to feel their views and opinions are included. Provide coaching in order to develop the team in order to achieve the highest results
* Performance Management: Provide input into and lead performance development discussions, setting clear expectations for team members and support them to succeed
* Project Management: ability to manage projects, interface with client representatives, interpret client/stakeholder requirements, manage client/stakeholder expectations, plan work load, organize proposals team resources and deliver on agreed deadlines
* Consistent personal ethic: integrity, dependability, initiative, and quality in line with our Corproate Vision and Values
* Strong organisational and project management skills which include, planning; multitasking; problem solving; Initiative and Commercial acumen. Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Understanding of Marketing techniques
* Even tempered in a fast paced, high pressure environment
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.