18 days ago
Job number: BBV00407
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, West Midlands, Birmingham
About the role
We are looking to bring support to the BBV projects in particular around the ProjectWise platform as well as other information platforms like SharePoint. The BBV ProjectWise instance currently developed is a mature system with over 700 daily users across both BBV and the supply chain. This is expected to expand significantly over the lifetime of this major project.
BBV require a ProjectWise Manager to own and manage the BBV ProjectWise instance. Together with a small support team, a ProjectWise Manager is to be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of this service to this major project team and supply chain in a high-pressure environment.
What you'll be doing
* Own and manage the BBV ProjectWise instance. Together with a small support team, responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of this service to this major project team and supply chain in a demanding environment.
* Provide technical and functional leadership for BBVs implementation of cloud based Bentley Systems ProjectWise and its association with Autodesk products (e.g. AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit) and Bentley products (e.g. MicroStation and AECOsim) software.
* Manager the administration of BBVs ProjectWise environments, configuration of templates and data sources.
* Lead the interactions with project teams to gather, document and implement requirements for Bentley Systems ProjectWise.
* Act as a single source of contact for all ProjectWise issues.
* Management of the onboarding of the supply chain including the creation of folders, user groups, access permissions and other associated tasks to enable engagement.
* Management of ProjectWise caching servers for BBV, monitoring of this system to ensure it is delivering maximum efficiencies to BBV.
* Management of integrations, for example with the imodel hub and other automated processes.
* Plan and deliver guidance to project staff on CAD management procedures, CAD workspace development, plotting and publishing, ProjectWise workflow and environment development as mandated by the Design Joint Venture. This may include reporting to the project board with benefits analysis and issue resolution metrics.
Who we're looking for
* BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent;
* Membership of RICS, ICES or CIOB.
* Experience of working with large scale linear projects GBP200 millions upwards.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.