9 months ago
About the role
We are recruiting for a Project Planner to join the build /construction team project team working on £90m worth of contracts that include educational and scientific research facilities.
Based at our new stat of the art facilities near motherwell, projects are typically across the central belt and require an individual that is comfortable immersing themselves into the site delivery teams.This a great opportunity for a construction lead planner looking to expand their project horizons and move into a role that gives greater responsibility and career development opportunities
What you'll be doing
As a Planner/Senior Planner, you will:
* Ensure that the programme content is functionally compliant with the planning procedures and guidance.
* Identify planning scope, major constraints and contract requirements
* Identify major quantities and factors affecting the programme
* Establish and agree with Operations construction outputs and agree working hours with appropriate Estimator
* Establish and agree with Operations and Bid Team key methods of construction, sequencing, installation and commissioning
Who we're looking for
* Have previous operational experience (ie site engineer/site agent) together with previous significant experience of planning services in small to medium sized projects within the construction and engineering industry
* Be proficient in the use of planning techniques and the required planning toolsets
* Have an understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications.
* Have an understanding of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring.
* Have an understanding of risk and opportunity management with particular reference to planning programming
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Silver Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists